Today during class we will take our final exam. Please read the following instructions carefully.
- The exam will be distributed via Zoom during class (use this special final exam zoom link instead of our usual class zoom link).
- Our 2-hour final exam will take place on Thursday, December 16th, during the exam window (3-7pm, see below).
- Review sheet. The final exam review sheet is available here.
- The policies and procedures for the final exam will be the same as those in our previous class exams, with the exception of the exam window and time allowed.
- Time allowed. You will have 2 hours (120 minutes) to complete the exam, and 20 minutes following the exam to upload your written work.
- Exam window. You must take the exam during the window 3pm-7pm on Thursday December 16th. It is up to you to take the exam during this window, when you have 2 hours free to work. If you do not have 2 free hours during this window (for example, if you have class directly before AND after our class, please let me know.
- To take the exam, you will log in to our class meeting zoom sometime between 3pm-7pm on December 16th. I will send you a link to the exam once you are logged in.
- You will have 2 hours to complete the exam starting from when you receive the link, and 20 minutes following that to upload your written work (an upload link will be provided).
- You must remain connected to our class meeting zoom while you are working on the exam.
- One-on-One Meetings Friday/Sunday. All students must complete a One-on-One Meeting with your Professor following the final exam. These meetings will take place on Friday, December 17th and Sunday, December 19th (this is a required part of your exam!): Click here to reserve a time. NOTE: If you are NOT able to make any of the offered times, please send me an email and we will work out an alternative.
- Do your work on separate paper (blank or lined).
- You must remain connected to Zoom during the exam.
- You must be available to interact with your professor, either verbally or by chat, during the exam.
- When you are finished, photograph/scan each page of your work and convert to a single pdf file (see “submitting your work” below if you need help”).
- Please name your file: YourName-FinalExam-MAT2571-Fall21.pdf
- If you have not done so already, Sign up for a One-on-One Meeting with your Professor (this is a required part of your exam!): Click here to reserve a time
NOTE: I have provided timeslots on Friday and Saturday – however, I understand these options may not work for everyone. If you are NOT able to make any of the offered times, please send me an email and we will work out an alternative.
Submitting your work
- Take a picture of each written page of your assignment, and combine the pictures into a single pdf document.
- How to create a pdf (includes instructions for iOS (iPhone), Android, Mac and Windows)
- Give the document a name that will help me identify it, such as YourName-FinalExam-MAT2571-Fall21.pdf.
- Use the upload link to upload your pdf (this link connects to a Dropbox folder, but you do NOT need to have a Dropbox account to use it).
One last thing…
In case I don’t have the opportunity to say it in class today, you all have been a fantastic group. It’s been my pleasure working with you, pandemic or not! I wish you the very best in your future education, and in your own teaching. Be well!