- Date: Thursday, 12/9/21, 4:05 – 5:45pm
- Meeting Info: The class will meet live on zoom today.
To-Do Before Class
- Sec 11.0, 11.1: Relations and their properties
- Topics in Number Theory #6: Equivalence Classes, equivalence relations, congruence mod n
- Understand and apply the notion of relation in various representations including sets, diagrams, and common mathematical expressions.
- Identify important properties of relations including: transitive, symmetric, reflexive, antisymmetric, irreflexive.
- Understand and apply the notions of equivalence relation and equivalence classes.
- Understand and apply the definition of congruence mod n, determine various properties of this relation.
Zoom recording will be posted here.
To-Do After Class
WeBWorK due 12/14/21: Assignment6-Sec11.1
Project Reflection due 12/14/21
Submitting written work (instructions)
- Take a picture of each written page of your assignment, and combine the pictures into a single pdf document.
- How to create a pdf (includes instructions for iOS (iPhone), Android, Mac and Windows)
- Give the document a name that will help me identify it, for example: “JRodriguez-Chapter10Homework.pdf”
- Use this upload link to upload your pdf (this link connects to a Dropbox folder, but you do NOT need to have a Dropbox account to use it).