Tag Archives: exam 3

Exam 3 Grades are posted, and SPECIAL OFFER

Hi everyone,

The grades for Exam 3 are posted on the Grades page (email me if you have forgotten the password).

This exam covered a great deal of material and, while overall grades were comparable to the first exam, I’m sure not everyone did as well as they would have liked.  You may improve your score on the exam by completing the Special Offer below.

Let me know if you have any questions, and best of luck with your studying!
Prof. Reitz

Exam 3 Special Offer – earn bonus points.  You can improve your grade on the exam, by doing the following:

1. Choose ONLY ONE problem in which you did NOT earn full points.  You are working to earn back (some of ) the points you missed on this problem.
  2. Do the problem over, neatly and completely, start to finish, on a separate sheet of paper.
    1. Don’t forget your name, the date, and the problem number.
  3. On the same sheet, write a short statement (one or two complete sentences) explaining your mistake(s) – the purpose is to let me know that you understand what you did wrong.
  4. Hand in your original exam and your corrected problem and explanation, stapled together, in class on Thursday (the day of the final exam).
  5. Bonus points will be added to your Exam 3 score based on the number of points you missed on the chosen problem,  the accuracy of your corrections and explanation, and your overall grade on the exam.  Bonus points are limited as follows:
    1. If you received less than 60% on the exam, you can earn a maximum of 20 bonus points.
    2. If you received between 60% – 69% on the exam, you can earn a maximum of 15 bonus points.
    3. If you received between 70% – 79% on the exam, you can earn a maximum of 10 bonus points.
    4. If you received between 80% – 89% on the exam, you can earn a maximum of 5 bonus points.
    5. If you received between 90% or more on the exam, you can earn a maximum of 2 bonus points.