From watching, Congressman Lewis City College speech, I learned that Lewis was a young student that risked his life by leading peaceful demonstrations to advance civil liberties. He became a national recognized leader and became one of the big six leaders of the civil rights movements. He even led over 600 peaceful, orderly protestors across the Edmund Pettus bridge in Selma, Alabama. In 2019, because of his recognition of dedication to securing civil liberties, protecting human rights, and for his dedication to the highest ethical standards and moral principles through his civil services, City College of New York, honored to recognize him as a great American Civil rights leader and to confer upon him the degree doctor of humane letters. He states that we are living in dangerous times. Our countries need us, he wants every single one of us to lead our nation to a better place. He heard about Rosa Parks and he heard the words of Martin Luther King, which later on inspired him to get in trouble and ever since then, he’s been getting in good trouble ever since. He states that we have a moral obligation, a mission, and a mandate to go out there and get in trouble and turn our world and our country upside down to set it right-side up. We need to use our education, it’s a powerful tool and instrument. As leaders of the 21st century, we must be concerned and be in involvement, be involved in the affairs of all humankind. We need to speak up, be bold, be brave, and be courageous. If we see something that isn’t right, not fair, not just, we have a moral obligation to say something, to do something. We can’t be quiet. Hate is too heavy a burden to bear. The better way is love, peace, and is the philosophy of nonviolence. My “good trouble” would be speaking up for those who are afraid to. I don’t want to sound “selfish”, but I would consider myself as someone who is outgoing and someone who isn’t afraid to speak their mind. Everyone who knows me, whether they’re my friends, family, or others who’ve heard of me, know that I’m not afraid of anyone. If I see something that isn’t right with me, I will speak up. I will give my point of view on things and try to make others understand where I’m coming from.