Process Work DUE 12/ 13 VIA EMAIL:
- Character Model Sheets – Black and white
- Color Roughs
- Value Roughs (already due on 12/ 6!)
FINAL PROJECT Due: 12/20
In this multilayered assignment you will reinterpret a classic folk tale or fairy tale through your own creative lens. You will, through the course of the assignment develop characters, setting, and finalize 2 illustrations featuring the same character in two very different settings and situations.
- You may choose a vertical or horizontal format.
- Final art will be 11 x 14 – inch, full-color illustration
- You should interpret the story through your own personal artistic lens informed by thorough research and reference.
- Final art will be delivered digitally.
- All drawing will be done traditionally, and will be rendered in a medium and process to be agreed upon with instructor.
FINAL PROJECT GRADING BREAKDOWN:
50 % project grade :PROCESS BOOK
- PDF PROCESS BOOK guiding us through the project from inception to conclusion.
Carefully SCAN and Format your process work. This should include: Story Pitch, Thumbnails, Concept Sketches, Value Roughs, Color Roughs, Related Sketchbook Work, and Final ART. Label each image. Provide text where necessary to explain your thought process, where changes were made, and how research effected your approach to the project.
Label all of your work! Be sure all of it is presented well! I.E. facing the right way, no shadows in the picture, good contrast, etc.
50 % project grade – FINALIZED ART
- 2 COLOR RGB JPEG illustrations
- 1 set of character designs , including expressions and model sheet PDF
OPTIONAL EXTRA CREDIT: COLOR BOOK COVER (only do this if EVERYTHING else is done)
File naming protocol:
Arocho_FinalProject_1.jpg, Arocho_FinalProject_2.jpg, Arocho_CharacterDesigns.pdf, Arocho_ProcessBook.PDF, Arocho_BookCover.jpg
Upload BOTH parts to Dropbox.
PLEASE BRING HIGH QUALITY PRINTS OF ILLUSTRATIONS AND CHARACTER DESIGNS ON 12/20 FOR CRITIQUE!
* Remember to convert your files from RGB to CMYK before printing!