Weekly Journal #2

Week #2 complete! I’m feeling a lot more adjusted to things including my schedule and living with roommates.

I started work a couple of days ago and I do not have any complaints. I’m still training (I cooked fries and made ice cream shakes all on my own–woot). It seems a lot more chill compared to the parks but it can be just as fun. I think I’m doing better at connecting with guests (a lot of people seem genuinely interested in CPs).

Today is my first day off this week and I’m planning on exploring the parks for a bit. So far I’ve been to Disney Springs–It reminds me of Mount Vernon and it’s really nice.

My first set back was actually at work. I’m so used to wanting to do things alone (although I value teamwork…how does that work lol). Anyway, I just need to get used to looking at my fellow cast members as more than simply coworkers and my location as simply a job… Honestly it’s a challenge because this is how I function in NYC. One day a time…

a selfie of me on my way to work

a photo of a sidewalk with trees. this is the type of scenery i’m exposed to here in florida.

One of my favorite things so far is the vast nature (compared to nyc), the quiet and being able to listen to music in peace while walking to walgreens/publix that’s near my housing complex. I’m looking forward to finishing my training at work, connecting with more of my fellow cast members and exploring the parks. Here’s to week three…

This entry was posted in Reflective Photo Journals, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.