Journal #12

In the past couple of weeks I managed to ask my leaders to train me to become a trainer, and because we have been so short staffed, I had to train a couple of CP’s for a couple of days. We had a couple of part timers as well as Cp’s either get fired or termed which made the already short staffed location even I won’t officially become a trainer until the end of next week but I am confident I will be able to do what I have to do because I have already done it. The first two days of training were not that bad because I was in a fairly easy station but the last day was somewhat of a complete disaster. I was training in two of the hardest stations, and it was so busy that at some point I had to help out the station next to us. The trainee had already been trained in that station during her morning shift the day before so she was confident enough to handle the station, which was mostly empty, on her own. I then had the task of teaching her how to close two stations within a specific time constraint which was the most difficult thing to do when there were so many guest coming over to order from us. At the end of it though, we got through it being only 5 minutes late. While I was proud of myself for being able to just complete the shift, it was draining and it was definitely a wakeup call for what I should expect in the future. Regardless of how difficult it was, it was also such a fun experience and I enjoyed myself so much.