Read and React #1

Overall, Traditions was very informative, interesting and really made me felt welcomed by the Disney company and the many different cast members who work for Disney. At first, I was curious and anxious to find out what was going to happen in traditions and now I know why Disney shares valuable information with their cast members. I really enjoyed every moment of each story they provided for us, learning about the four keys, Disney’s heritage and what it takes to create happiness. Every cast member must attend traditions before training and on the job training, to get recognized and appreciated by Disney before starting their role. Traditions are basically the foundation before being successful in your role, it’s the beginning to your Disney story and too many different career paths you may go within Disney or without.

Disney is strict about safety and do not want anyone of their guests and cast members to get hurt. This is when Safe “D” begins with me comes into play because this is their cast safety brand that every cast member should know about and keep in mind. They have a safety vision and the founder himself, Walt Disney envisioned a safe and clean atmosphere for families around the world to have fun together. Safety is always first with Disney and that’s what makes Disney worldwide and people from all over the world feel safe when they come into any of their parks, resorts, and cruises. When they went over this they made sure everyone understood what to do during an emergency and where to go if it’s a non-emergency beyond the scope of any cast members role. Disney even provides a WDPR Safety Module on The Hub for every cast member to understand important information on multiple safety topics.

When our instructors showed us different videos of how they create happiness through many people’s lives this part made me emotional in a great way to view these people’s facial expressions once their family member said, “WE HEADING TO DISNEY!!!!!” Hearing this in every video made me extremely happy and grateful to be working for a company that creates magic and creates happily ever after’s. Happiness is a universal emotion that any age can experience no matter what language anyone speaks, where you live, and this is what Disney makes sure every person comes back for more magic times.

The Four Keys basics are the guidelines Walt Disney envision for every guest to have a great experience. This is how they create happiness for their guests. The Four Keys are Safety, Courtesy, Show, and Efficiency.

Safety comes first always which means protecting every guest and every cast member, crew member and Imagineer from harm. Disney believes that everyone is responsible for creating and maintaining safe environments. They have three specific ways all cast members can be safe: not texting while walking or driving, holding handrails and reporting incidents immediately.

Courtesy is Disney’s key to providing exceptional service. They want to make every guest and individual feel special. There are many ways to be courteous which are smiling and making eye contact, seeking out guest contact, and greeting each person.

Show Disney always strives to create a good show no matter what. In any show, it is the people who make it a great success. The people who create the magic for Disney’s guests are the cast members, crew members, and Imagineers on stage and off stage. They have three ways to support the show which are displaying Disney look, maintaining character integrity, and keeping areas clean and tidy.

Efficiency is the last of the four keys which enables Disney to continue delivering the Guest experience. They make sure we cast members to practice at our various work locations so guests can be able to ask us questions and us being able to answer them with no hesitation. I have been able to give guests the answers they need by remembering what my trainers said previously. Three ways we can be efficient is by being on time, knowing your location and surrounding areas, and knowing your role and resources.

Towards the end of Traditions since it was raining with thunderstorms and safety comes first they had us stay indoors and play a game. The game consisted of us getting the chance as a group to figure out which pictures belonged with safety, courtesy, show, and efficiency. Afterward, they had a surprise guest for us and the surprise was Mickey, everyone was laughing shockingly and taking pictures of Mickey. I had a great time at Traditions, I’m glad the instructors made it fun for us indoors and I was able to wear my Mickey ears on my head proudly.

This entry was posted in Read and React 1. Bookmark the permalink.

1 Response to Read and React #1

1. Joe says:

Hey Brittany!
    I love reading your posts, it takes me back to last year when I was in the program. I miss it!
    Keep up the hard work and remember to #network
    The Four Keys I bet, you will take it everywhere you go. I naturally have it in mine and use it at my current job and even at home.

GOOD LUCK!