D minus 27 part 2

12/11-12/17 con.t

I graduated. The remaining two weeks of working in Disney feels like it will pass by in a blink of an eye. The days of actually working feels ten times longer because I find myself constantly checking my watch, waiting for the seconds to pass as my mind wanders into the cold winters of New York. The A4 paper provided by Disney is my trophy for surviving working for Mickey. It is also a reminder of how much will power was required to stay sane in this magical place. Walt Disney World is not for the weak minded or the quitters, people forget that magic is created and often taken for granted. I am blessed to have worked at a wonderful location and gained valuable experience in the restaurant industry, but I am just 1 college cast member out of thousands working in other roles.

If somebody were to ask what I gained from working for Disney, I think my answer would be how to make magic. The ability to put on a show at any given time and making sure the guests are taken care of because everyone is an Very Individual Person.

This entry was posted in Reflective Photo Journals. Bookmark the permalink.

1 Response to D minus 27 part 2

1. Dez Cruz says:

“…waiting for the seconds to pass as my mind wanders into the cold winters of New York.” — that feels all too real. Learning how to make magic and be able to put on a show at any given time seems interesting.