second, role.

At my internship, Sparta Commercials Services, I am under the supervision of Ray Moncada, Director of Information Technology.

My role in this company is to help out in their Marketing department. I would have to create marketing material from concept to implementation that will be used in print and electronic formats. This includes social medias, websites, and newsletters. I would be strictly using Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator to do my work. Although, I don’t have any knowledge in app developments, I am excited to see them use and put my design graphics on their future apps and websites.

I came upon this opportunity on the City Tech COMD Internship page. After a huge load of emails I sent with an attachment of my resume and portfolio, Ray contacted me two weeks before the start of the semester and asked me to come in for an interview within the next couple of days. The day before the interview, he emailed me with a reminder about the interview time and location of the office. Upon arrival the next day, he had a printed copy of my resume and my portfolio. He asked me a lot of questions about my portfolio (why did you do what you did here?, why these colors?, which work are you most proud of and why?, etc.). He also asked me about the contents of my resume (what were your responsibilities here?, what kind of company are they?, do you have knowledge or experience on this and that?, etc.). He than asked me about what I’m expecting to learn and leave this internship with. I answered by saying, “Although I’m more graphics based, I want to learn about mobile and app developments. Even if I can’t get much from nine hours a week, at least I would have had the opportunity to see and learn the process.” Then we talked about my availability after that, and he basically gave me a take home assignment to test out my skills. I completed the assignment, sent it back to him, and he told me he sent it to the office for review. About a week later, he got back to me telling me that reviews for the assignment I created came back positive, and to stop by the office to sign paperworks.