eighth, wow.

I informed Ray, my supervisor, that I needed more hours to cover my absence in April. He asked the CEO and they approved it really quick. So now I have Monday’s 11AM – 5PM at the office but this time I get my own cubicle. It’s more spacious and more quiet than working in the same cubicle as Ray. And the best part is I don’t have someone breathing down my back watching my every move, so that’s a lot more comfortable. I also met Janet, our accountant, and Tyler, another employee, that day, and they were really nice people. They sounded a lot more intimidating on the phone, but once I met them in person, they were really cool.

Moving on, the workload did not lessen though. I had to continuously make edits to our brochure and cyclechex app graphics because it didn’t meet Apple’s requirements. On top of that, our CEO directly came up to me to help him redesign their business card (shown below) and badges for the CBD products (shown below).

After 2 days of working on the business card and sending it in for review by our CEO, he LOVED IT! As a graphic designer, a business card that looks like that doesn’t really make me too proud, but it all depends on the image and preference of the client. He’s a business man in tech and for someone like him, a basic design like this is enough to make him happy.

Those badges didn’t take me too long to make, but the only hassle was trying to fit all those long words into that tiny circle.

And just like that another day passed by really quick because of the workload. I enjoy working there because the work I need to do is related to my major and they’re paying around $13 an hour which I’m happy with (well, I haven’t asked for a check stub yet to check but after my own calculations of my hours, it comes out to be around there). The only thing I don’t like is that I’m the only designer there, so everyone in the office is highly reliant on me for their graphic needs.