hello there.

My name is Samantha Yu.

I’m majoring  in Communication Design and Advertising.

During my first year in college, I studied Architectural Technology. Interesting, right? No. I lost interest in it after the first two semesters. I liked designing things and doing hands on activities, hence I thought architect would be the right field for me, but it wasn’t.

Soon, I realized that the design I’m into is imaginative, radical, and free. Designing buildings according to proportions and math has too many restrictions. I like to draw and design things using my imagination, but of course at the same time, not breaking too many rules, heh.

I have sufficient knowledge in the Microsoft Suites and the Adobe Creative Suites especially in Photoshop, Illustrator, and Indesign. I occasionally like to freelance when friends or acquaintances want me to design a logo or marketing materials (digital and print) for them.

Ok, enough of that.

Yes, I have a social life and that’s where all my inspirations and motivations come from. I like to travel and I like the night life because how else would I meet new people? Even though I might come off as socially awkward, I promise I’m not.

Oh, and I’m also into sports. Whether it’s volleyball, handball, swimming, racquetball, basketball, or soccer, be sure to find me doing one of those if I’m not designing something in a cafe somewhere.