Shawn Villeta: Homework on observing learning

Shawn Villeta                                                                                                                  9-10-16                                                                                                                        Professor. Schutz

Learning is a very beautiful asset that we have. The reason behind my theory is because we have the ability to take in information, process it and give a response in any way or form it doesn’t have to be by speaking it can be hand gestures, physical action etc. So yesterday September 9, 2016 was a perfect opportunity to test my little cousins learning skills. I had to babysit him for 7 hours until his mother returned, So I told him to clean his room he then sat down near me and stood quiet. When I saw this I then told him if he cleaned his room I will take him to the movies and get ice cream afterwards. He obeyed my command because I told him I would reward him this would be called in psychological terms positive reinforcement. When I went to the room to evaluate it I saw that it was rushed so I told him to do it again and he started throwing a temper tantrum like throwing his toys, his bed sheets etc, so then I felt like I had no choice so I used positive punishment, I hit him and all of a sudden he got quiet and immediately he started to clean his room the ”RIGHT” way. He then came back to me without me going to him and apologized for rushing which taught me that he learned and he’s more than likely to listen to me just because I used positive punishment.

One thought on “Shawn Villeta: Homework on observing learning

1. An interesting observation about both reinforcement and punishing. I wonder what you might have done after the first round to improve the results without having to inflict a punishment in the second round?