Because of the internet, our lives have become easier and more convenient. We may use the internet to communicate with people all over the world, conduct business, meet new people and learn about different cultures, research, and so on. However, Eli Pariser demonstrates the disadvantages of personalisation and how it reveals our desires. Because each search engine’s approach varied, different results were provided for the same search. Individuals become focused or stuck in a bubble as a result of personalized information, which limits the complexity of our knowledge.

Eli Pariser’s overall message is that the internet is a profoundly unsettling place. People are forming new communities of interest all across the world, which may or may not be the ones they intended. Whoever puts them in a “Filler bubble” that tresves and limes their understanding. I used to be on the internet for hours at a time, looking up information. For my government class, I remember looking up information. Federalism was something I looked up. It showed me stuff I desired and had on my mind as soon as I typed it in and click search. and not knowing if the information is reliable. However, I’m growing more cautious about unsuitable information. I know that the internet is a powerful tool, but I also know that my own mind is an even more powerful tool. I have to be cautious about what I believe, because even though I know it’s reliable, I don’t know if it’s true.

Here is a quote that i liked by Eli Pariser

“Your computer monitor is a kind of one-way mirror, reflecting your own interests while algorithmic observers watch what you click.”