Assignment #1

Nervous. English is one of my favorite subjects but I always get some nerves around a new class. 

My winter vacation was very relaxing. I spent a lot of time with friends and family just catching up. I also made an effort to work on my resolutions for the year which are to spend time with myself, read more, and more general self care. I enjoy the freedom that comes with online classes but I find that it makes me less organized.

This is a picture of my grandfather that I chose because he was the most excited for me to go to college. He told all his friends and any cashier at the grocery store that would listen. He passed from covid before my first semester started so he did not get to hear about my classes but I like to think he sees how I’m doing. 

1. Sarah Schmerler

Abbey, Welcome! It is so generous of you to share this photo and sentiment with us. I hope you will feel supported in your loss, and that you will find meaning and friendship at and in all your classes at Tech.
    For me, writing is a tool to reach both the future and the past. Whatever we write lives on. So, already, you have carried forward your grandfather’s wishes.