Personal Narrative Essay Outline

Pang Yen Wu

Professor Elizabeth Guthrie

ENG 1101

9/20/15

1. Intro
  2. Opener

One year winter, snows covered all the vehicles parked on the side of the street. Just like we are walking on the sky driving cars through the white clouds. That was what it looked like when I first arrived here. Arrived America the place that I am going to live to survive , the place that I am going to get used to it. We all will face some difficulty in our life. Maybe it is within the process we chasing our dreams or goals. Or it’s about the minor stuff that will appear on everybody’s daily life.  

1. Thesis subtopic 1, subtopic 2, subtopic 3

Study in America alone it’s not going to be easy. You will have some problems you need to faced. Such as the study method you gonna use when English is not your first language and the new friends you will hang out with, the future opportunities you gonna gain here .

1. Body
  2. Subtopic 1

It’s not easy to learn a new living method, when the first time I step on the land of America. I feel that here is a land full of fun full of opportunities. My parents were with me at that time, but they didn’t stay here for long. They went back to Taiwan work soon after I settle down here . So I had been left behind here and study aboard alone. When the first time I went to the school here. I don’t know English well so I don’t even understand what the teachers wants me to do in class. I just guessed what they want from me most of the time. Sometimes the Chinese classmate will help me out when I get into trouble or get confused what’s going on with the lecture in class. After this experience, I figure it out that I can’t stay in this way anymore I need to transform I need to learn English, to be able to communicate normally with the people. So I try to talk to the people around me even thought at that time my speaking skills still no that well, but I didn’t care I still talked to them. After I talked to them I observed that they will not laugh at your broken English with Chinese assent. Conversely they will tell you how to pronounced the word correctly. I get confident by talking to people day by day. Now I am not scared most of the time to talk to people. I can hang out and talk to anyone now. You don’t need to be scared. You need to be confident otherwise no one will help you. Only you can help yourself. Unless you met valuable friends that will support you.      

1. Subtopic  2

Most of the students in America they will at least play one sports after school or when they have free time. But back in Taiwan most of the people will not go to play sport. They go to learning center to study after the school is over. I am in America right now so I am fascinating about one sport just like other people like here do, Basketball it is the first sport I played here. Sports not only will make your body get stronger. It also will let you be more confident of yourself. And it can let you relax down when you get stressful about the thing you had it school or in life. But for me most important benefit I got from basketball is network of friends. Because basketball let me know a lot of different kind of people, with different skin color different nationality. But it doesn’t matter, one thing for sure that is we all love basketball. Network is important for you because you can save a lot  of time and energy when you want to finish one thing. I have four valuable friends I met in my high school. When we having a test or don’t know how to do the project. We will gathering together and figure it out how to accomplished the things to be able to let the work done well. We have been come through so many things we laugh together we cry together, one thing is we all trust each other we all know others will support you when you have difficult. Good friends can let you become better become more compatible. One time I had fall down from the fence and had a head concussion. I was at the hospital at that time and one of my friend after he know the news he just drive his car down to the hospital and see me and stay with me. Friends and the people that will support you no matter your life is good or bad. And I am sure that if you met more friends now one day they will pay off and thinking about you give you opportunities to create your own life own destiny.    

1. Subtopic  3

Everybody in America have there dream. They all want to accomplish something right here on this land. I am a college student now. The people around me are full of potential. I have no idea what will we become in the future. As a grown up I feel the tension between money and education. Even family. Because it’s so hard to gain money to support a family right now. No any specific skills. No one is gonna hire a useless man to work in there company. So the priority thing I am going to do right now is do well in the school. Learn the thing you gonna learn, learned hard don’t waste the money and the energy you put in life is too short to regret. my major is computer science. I want to be writing useful programs that can make the humans life in the future easier. And can earn enough money to support my whole family. Don’t need to be rich just have enough money is good for me . Opportunities are earned not given. If you want something you need to work hard than others to be able to get it for yourself. Here is a land that can that you being the top man. You should trust yourself first than you can be able to reach it. Maybe there were be some obstacles you probably meet during the roads but it’s okay, the life with full of obstacles were the most valuables one.    

III. Conclusion

Study in America alone it’s not going to be easy. You will have some problems you need to faced. Such as the study method you gonna use when English is not your first language and the new friends you will hang out with, the future opportunities you gonna gain here . No matter what happen even though you were study alone at a unknown place, and no one to talk to of your deepest feeling in your heart. But after all no mater what. Your energy and times are gonna pay off one day. Maybe it pay off soon or it’s gonna pay of ten years later. But I still thinks that you are not learning for nothing you are not failed for no reason there will be a reason for it.