Have you ever wonder if you are a problem solver, or a “do-er”?
The City University of New York, in partnership with the New York City Department of Information Technology & Telecommunications (DoITT), provides City agencies and public schools with a streamlined and cost-effective way to hire interns to support STEM-related projects. Interns serve as application/web developers, database analysts/designers, engineers, business analysts, healthcare specialists, and many other roles, often working on mission-critical projects at their agencies.
Upcoming Fellowship Information Sessions:
April 18 | 11am-1pm
April 26 | 11am-1pm
CUNY interns are currently working at these agencies: Continue reading
Calling all Electrical, Mechanical and Computer Engineering Tech Majors! Tatch, a startup company by the new Cornell Tech in NYC is looking for summer intern in multiple disciplines. Check out their posting using the link below for more details.
Tatch develops state-of-the-art smart patches that provide high-quality sleep tests in maximal comfort. Tatch brings together advances in printed electronics, machine learning and wearable technology to make sleep medicine more seamless and accurate than ever before. We solve a real problem that improves the lives of hundreds of millions of people around the globe.
Tatch, an exciting early-stage startup backed by Cornell-Tech (NYC), is looking for an intern with experience in designing and implementing software solutions for embedded devices and systems.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. The deadline for all applications is Monday, April 2, 2018.
- A NYC Resident or attend a NYC-based college
- A college-bound or college- attending undergraduate student
- Students must be able to present documentation that indicates they meet the above criteria.
Specific intern roles include:
Two sessions are available to accepted interns. Each accepted student is eligible to participate in one session.
- Session 1: Monday, June 4, 2018 to Friday, July 27, 2018
- Session Two: Monday, June 25, 2018 to Friday, August 17, 2018
For more information and to apply:
Requisition/Vacancy No. 179744BR
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to interact with peers and fellow employees in a professional manner.
- Currently in school for Engineering or Construction Management degree.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- A GPA of 3.0 or higher is preferred.
- Prior intern assignment(s) completed at a construction, engineering or architecture firm is preferred.
- Knowledge of Adobe Acrobat and Microsoft Access is preferred.
For more information, search for the job listing number (179744BR) in their website: https://aecom.jobs/new-york-ny/intern-aecom-tishman/936D21B7688F444E8D0417E639A356F0/job/
Department of Buildings is currently looking for an Energy Code Intern for the DOB Sustainability Team.
JOB ID: 333571
Areas of Study: Architecture, Engineering, Sustainability, Building Science, Energy Management
– Proficiency with CAD and Microsoft Office
– Knowledge of energy-related building systems
For more information, search for the job listing number (333571) in their website: https://a127-jobs.nyc.gov/index_new.html?agency=810
Job Listing: BI 0003GH
- Currently enrolled in an Engineering or Construction Management curriculum
- At least a 3.0 GPA
- Experience with MS Word, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail and the ability to exercise good professional judgment
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels of management regarding project activity
For more information, search for the job listing number (BI 0003GH) in their website: https://jacobs.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en
The internship program at JDS is structured to give a limited group of interns a comprehensive construction-based real estate development experience in a dynamic environment, with events, tours, direct exposure to industry experts from a multitude of fields, and the ability to have a direct impact on the skyline of New York City and Miami.
Interns will be expected to support development and/or project management staff and assist with overall project administration including, but not limited to:
- Attend internal and external project meetings to help with coordination of information among the project management staff; create meeting agendas, take meeting minutes, and follow-up on action items
- Review and coordinate design and construction details of architectural, mechanical, structural, plumbing, and electrical drawings
- Coordinate details of marketing, sales, and communication for projects; conduct research relating to projects
- Assist with creation and maintenance of spreadsheets and lists relating to project financing, design, coordination, progress, and completion
- Perform administrative tasks including the preparation of letters, memos, reports, and other correspondence
- Prepare contracts and financial statements for subsequent review of Project & Financial Teams
- Facilitate site visits with outside parties
- Engineering / Construction
- Architecture / Interior Design
- Urban Planning / City Planning/Design/Development
Click on the link for more information: http://jdsdevelopment.com/summer-internship/
Please direct all applications (cover letter & résumé required, PDF format only) and other inquiries to:
David Koster at email@example.com
If you are interested in environmental remediation and construction, the NYC Department of Environment Protection has an opening for Field Inspector.
Inspect the quantity, quality, and condition of materials found at active cleanup and remediation sites in New York City.
Witness and observe outside environmental consultants in the collection of samples and performance of other field activities.
Enter findings and observations into a quality assurance template and checklists. Review findings with OER Project Managers.
Review onsite records and logs, take photographs of field activities.
Operate a motor vehicle in performance of duties. Travel required approximately 50% of the time, other 50% in an office setting.
Assist in ensuring compliance with remedial action work plans.
Assist with the screening and review of incoming document submittals, perform basic data entry and project initiation activities.
Click here for detailed information.