Home Economics was one of my first choices to write about . What made me choose this as my topic ? Throughout this unit , everyone has received the opportunity to express themselves in their writing pieces . I have heard about Home Economics in my high school journey , even in the start of it . The first time Home Economics was mentioned , I was a freshman . My English teacher always talked about being prepared for the future . She constantly said High school will go quickly without you even knowing it . In that time , I was careless . One day in class , she began talking about her senior year experience . In my mind , I was telling myself that is not going to happen anytime soon . Then , I hear the course Home Economics and how it was a cool experience for everyone . The class covered different categories such as cooking , health , sewing , Family development and more . Although I considered myself as a careless teen , I found the course interesting . It differed from all the classes I took . You see all students in a subject like math , science or history have to be stressed because of future examination that plays a role in their academic career. From all the experience my teacher received in that s , she told us students felt confident about it because of how it did not require any testing . It was basically hands on or activities itself . Now I came to a moment , asked myself why it all stopped ? What is the reason ? These are skills that we need to learn for the future.  If we can learn the subjects, everyone can learn Home Economics skills . Anyone can remember what is taught to them , it takes time and dedication to learn . To illustrate my thoughts about Home Economics . I decided to create a comic . I find them entertaining for any reader even if it is long or short . To add on , it would be cool to add animated characters using the tool I have ! My first thoughts were to write a text but I want to be able to make my audience see their options of choosing a school course in a unique way . The audience I am focusing on are High school students , I feel that they should learn the basics of life because they are a step closer to entering adulthood .The purpose of my piece is to give students an idea of how the Home Economics curriculum works and it’ s outcomes . Creating A comic was one of the best choices to pick for my topic ! I plan to obtain my audience by using this genre to give them a hint on how Home Economics is a useful skill . The course will teach you about life skills , not only that but think about it is worth it . You will feel more prepared to be in your own home . Students will not be only learning  but within time they will gain confidence towards the end of the course . If you take it , all the skills you learned will get you prepared to raise a family or sustain yourself . Even if you go to college upstate or not , these skills are still important to learn so you won’t have to live with fear of not being ready to start adulthood or rely on someone constantly . From what I have seen looking over my composition , I feel proud because my piece shows a defined meaning of how Home Economics functions . The way I included an attention getter in the start of my comic was to show how students can have a moment where they ask themselves how life is after graduating . Or even have realizations that they are growing up and need to be prepared to learn life skills as soon as possible . And at the end , I used happiness to wrap the story up for the reason students will be ready to face life no matter the circumstances !