I thought that this topic officially made it to be great to me as an accomplishment and that’s why I wanted to touch more on things like this in the future with other classes and in my community in my free time to learn more about other things that can catch my eyes.

Boris Hodakel  • October 28, 2020 ” The Remarkable History Of Denim( how it became an icon in fashion)

Summary:

In this source they will describe the history on how they say it was mystery to many people since it came out of nowhere. They also mention that the whole concept of jeans and its history will make on about $129.8 billion dollars by the end of 2021 which is one of the most money any other company has made. They will also mention what denim means and who created it. They will say things like ” Initially, denim began life as a fabric known as “serge de Nimes.” As keen-eyed readers will notice, ‘de Nimes’ bears a resemblance to denim, which is what this fabric would eventually come to be known as” this will describe the denim meaning behind it.

Reflection:

Most of the things they will bring up they will be very important information. I will agree with most things they say as they will bringing facts to the table and will also back up their information, this will become very helpful. They are very serious about they products and their creations. They will bring things up like ” Interestingly enough, the initial attempt to replicate this French fabric in Italy was a failure” and mentioning that their first attempt was a failure and that they just kept trying to make it right until they actually made it right and people felt in love with it.

Quotable:

Some quotes that i really like was ” However, it was in the process of trying to do so that textile manufacturers discovered denim. At the time, the only color available was blue, which is in part thanks to the organic indigo dye which was available at the time. This is why modern jeans are primarily available in shades of blue” this quote will, explain to you why they only had jeans in the color blue and the reasons behind it. Another quote was” So, the fabric is in place. The stage is set. But it wouldn’t be for quite some time that the clothing we know as jeans would come into prominence. In 1853, a man named Levi Strauss found himself in San Francisco trying to start a branch of his family business. He sold a cotton fabric known as denim, which was picked up by a man called Jacob W. Davis” this part will show things from the beginning and its creators.