Overall I approached this research with one particular question: Is there a treatment for insomnia and if so, how effective is the treatment? My research led me to various articles diving deep into this question alluding an answer. I learned that CBT is a treatment for insomnia. CBT is a form of psychological treatment that allows the user to better themselves mentally through psychological training. This treatment proved to be beneficial to many insomniacs that were monitored. However, due to lack of practitioners in that field CBT isn’t widely accessible and is very limited. I learned that Neomorexint is a secondary effective treatment to insomnia, as this sleeping drug is widely available as opposed to CBT. 

I’m surprised that throughout the four articles I read only one admitted to being a secondary effective treatment. Disorders are often treated with prescribed pills so articles that target a refreshing alternative such as CBT is beneficial to those who want to digress from taking prescription pills. My question both deepened and changed. My question changed when one of the four articles introduced a beneficial sleeping pill and recommended it as CBT is far from becoming widely available. My question deepened as I continued to research; as I questioned why there is a lack of practitioners and institutions who offer CBT. 

What I learned is important because I had the opportunity to research a medical question I’ve always wondered. With this information I can approach those who are discussing the topic of insomnia or those who have extensive knowledge on proper treatment. I can approach a family member or a friend who has insomnia and genuinely understand their struggle with it. This research led me to acknowledge this sleeping disorder as a serious issue as it has many issues that come with it. If I were to ever develop acute or chronic insomnia in my adult years as it is typical I would know what treatment to look for.

I think my research question would be directed to an audience of those who suffer from insomnia or individuals concerned about someone who has insomnia. The articles I came across allowed me to understand the basic issues insomniacs face. With a basic understanding of the struggles I also learned about two treatments and their effectiveness. Those with insomnia or those who have questions regarding the severity or are studying this sleep disorder would enjoy this paper as it discusses the struggles that come along with insomnia and proper treatment.