A City Tech OpenLab Course Site

Ideas of ” How to Read like a Writer ” and ” The reader as an artist “

Toni Morrison ” The Reader as an Artist ”

1. Her connection with literature is shown by illustrating a form of purpose
  2.  The use of imagination
  3. The quote “We don’t really have to wait (a few sentences on) to see his alarm clock sitting on an “overturned bucket,” or to wonder why his shaving mirror is five feet away from his bed,  states the way of actually not depending to write more sentences, she’s more of just direct of detail .

I found the quote” The result was a heavy reliance on my own imagination to provide detail; the specific color of things, the feel of the weather, the space characters occupied, their physical features, their motives, why they behaved as they did, and especially the sound of their speech, where so much meaning lay.”  interesting for the reason Morrison expresses her thinking . We know her as an author that likes to speak on what she thinks or believe , She considers anything into detail .

Mike Bunn’s ” How to Read like a Writer ”

1. When writing an essay the question of using a quote to start off . I ask myself now about how to begin my essay , I feel after reading these articles that I need to change several techniques when it comes to my writing as well .
  2. The importance of genre ( Which there is a lot like poems ) in a text are another type of technique in use when it comes to readings
  3.  His concentration of how to gain a readers attention basically like reaching an audience by using those techniques

A quote I found interesting as well was ” Instead of reading for content or to better understand the ideas in the writing (which you will automatically do to some degree anyway),you are trying to understand how the piece of writing was put together by the author and what you can learn about writing by reading a particular text . This tells me to not only focus on reading like we all do , You know we all just focus on getting over a particular thing . Let’s ask ourselves ” How did the author arranged all of their thoughts in ONLY just ONE piece of writing ” Did they have to make choices while writing ? How did they come up with a specific context ?

1. Dr. Vivian Papp

Genesis, those are all good questions to ask ourselves when we read.