A City Tech OpenLab Course Site

” How to Read Like a Writer ” Post – Genesis

In the article ” How to Read Like a Writer ” by Mike Bunn , He explains his realization of how an author’s writing has significance within it’s techniques . As a reader , I never thought about what Bunn thought as well . Right now I feel like our generation does not focus on these things that actually make sense  . When Bunn says ” You’re already an author ” Here is what I think , Writing is part of our daily lives it can go from reading a simple word to things that are written on our social media platforms . It could be a instagram post or a simple text . Not do we only write imagine how author’s write ?  A lawyer or a specific politic . What I’m about to mention can be off topic but I feel that the quote can relate to us as humans , Think about it we author’s of our own lives . Our experiences that are fun are like chapters of a book that are considered to be interesting and you just can not stop reading because it’s only getting better . The sad ones helps us reflect a lot , Not only books but poems are part of it too . For example the book ” Milk and Honey ” by Rupi Kaur provides us sections that have various purposes . It was broken down to themes of femininity , love and loss . An author has choices being made that can affect the reader see this can be done by us as well . The existing expertise will help me in not just my college career but be a useful tool for writing I can use it to explain the audience AKA the readers know my main purpose of my own writings and just use my voice ! This article has shown me the true meaning of writing skills that are expressed by several authors . I would love to focus more on the writing techniques , learn how to show a purpose just like an author does in their books / novels .

1. Dr. Vivian Papp

Writing is a huge part of our daily lives, especially these days. I agree with you, Genesis.