Student Blend Requisition

During my visit to Red Hook Winery in Brooklyn with professor Struck and my classmates, I had the opportunity to admire the view of the river outside the winery, see a room full of wooden barrels where the wine is preserved, and the other side saw machines such as, grape processors and conical fermenters. I appreciated the combination of aromas that were coming from the wine and wood. Most importantly, I learned from Manager Christopher Nicolson the process and machine they use to make their prestigious wine. In fact, I found it interesting that even though they don’t use any agent to clarify their wine, like egg whites, some are very clear, for example, the first Chardonnay we tried. Considering the three red blend wines we tried in the winery. I would choose Cabernet Franc and Petit Verdot to blend for my Braised Beef Jardinière and Duchess Potato. By combining those two wines, I would create a full body that would pair perfectly with this hearty dish. The Cabernet Franc will bring out its acidity, red fruit aromas, and flavors of herbs and with a 10% Petit Verdot, this wine will bring out its floral notes, black fruits, and high tannin. The final product will result in a dry, deep color and fresh aromas of blended red wine.

This entry was posted in Team 4, Alicia Goncalves. Bookmark the permalink.