Letter Outline– Dylan Ramirez

Are you considering traveling? Let me tell you there are many requirements and rules in order to keep people safe. I am Dylan Ramirez and I have traveled with family out of the United States.

My audience is people who want to travel out of the states

I will inform people on the dangers of traveling, so my letter will be informative

My title: Dangers of traveling outside the states

Personal narative- My experience traveling to puerto rico

current issue- omicron varrient https://www.cnbc.com/2021/11/29/biden-says-he-doesnt-expect-more-travel-restrictions-or-lockdowns-as-omicron-covid-variant-spreads.html

solution- I believe a solution to this would be to refrain from traveling until there is a way to defend the body against this new variant of corona virus.

1 thought on “Letter Outline– Dylan Ramirez”

1. You have not written enough for this intro or lead. IN fact, it’s only 2 or 3 sentences. That is not enough. Study the examples.

Please read through the ENTIRE “How to Write A Letter” walk-through which I provided in Announcements. It’s also in the Unit 3 Assignment under Option to Write A Letter. I think you did not scroll through the entire document.

We noted these parts of the letter:
    INTRO part
    • Salutation to your AUDIENCE
    • Identify yourself and how you connect to the issue
    • Give your message, your PURPOSE.
    • Explain why your message is important.
    BODY part
    • Engage the reader with storytelling. Use personal narrative (we learned this in Unit One).
    • Explain the problem, the crisis, the current issue.
    • Give evidence. Refer to your research (but do not copy your research verbatim into your letter). Facts, statistics, historical events.
    • Show that you are an expert, that you have the authority to speak on this issue.
    • Use visuals to accompany your points here in the body.
    • Argue, persuade, convince or inform
    CONCLUSION part
    • Provide a solution,
    • a call to action, or
    • a manifesto.
    • Refer back to the message in a clever way (remember Annie Correal ciricled back to the photo album)
    • Repeat your message in a new clever way