RAB Source Entry#1–Jaden

Source Entry #1

Part 1 MLA Citation:

Glusac, Elaine. “The Future of Airbnb.” The New York Times, The New York Times, 24 Sept. 2020, https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/24/travel/airbnb-pandemic.html?searchResultPosition=4. 

Part 2 Summary:

The article talks about how Airbnb has been making changes so that they can still have people rent out homes and enjoy their stay safely, without having to worry about the pandemic. Some of the precautions that they have taken to ensure safety is that each room inside of an Airbnb is to be clean and sanitized for 45 minutes per room and after the full House or apartment is sanitized it is vacant for 72 hours before someone else can rent it.

Part 3 A Reflection

I strongly agree with the information that the author presents in this article.The author is very informative with the damage that covid has caused to the air bnb industry. The authors explain how the company is combating covid by enforcing stricter cleaning practices to insure safety.How the authors explain how covid affected the business is done very well and I agree with the points made on how suffered loss because people couldn’t travel and forced vacancy on many air bnb homes.the reason I like this source because it tells me about the effect of covid and how the company reacted to it.

Part 3B

This article was written by Elaine Glusac, a very credible author who has received multiple awards from the New York Times on her articles of  travel, food and conservation.I believe that this article was written to inform the people who love to travel the world.She wrote this article to show the effects covida has had on the travel industry,and how the industries have fought against it. And Elaine did an amazing job with going in depth on the policies and practices in place by these big companies in order to get people to start traveling again.

Part 4 Notable quotes

“The company says its offerings are aligned with the way people are traveling now, in family and friend groups to less populated destinations. Over Labor Day weekend, 30 percent of its bookings — double the previous year — were in remote areas” (Elaine Glusac)