RAB Source Entry #3 – Marc

Part 1 MLA Citation

Jeanthony Dede (Haitian chef ). Personal interview by telephone. Brooklyn,NY and beacon,Boston

Part 2 Summary

My uncle Jeanthony is a Haitian chef living in Boston where he owns a restaurant. Before the pandemic his restaurant was doing good but when the pandemic started, business began to be slow and started losing money. As a result the restaurant got shut down. As an independent man who is passionate about cooking and determine to make money from this passion, it kills him not being able to go to the restaurant and continue his business. He started to be depressed and worried about what he will do since his only source of income was his restaurant. His worries increased day by day because he became unable to provide for his family. This affected his physical and mental health, later he ended up in the hospital. Being at the hospital during the pandemic increased his risk of catching the virus, he tested positive and his health condition became worst. He eventually got out of this tragic situation as the pandemic cases started to decrease and us being out of lockdown. With his family’s support things started to get back to normal, his health improved and the restaurant went back in business. Now my uncle is better than ever and is happy to have made it out safe and alive from this those tragic moments.

Part 3 Reflection

This pandemic affected many people and I realise that my uncle was lucky to made it out alive. I felt sorry for him to have to deal with all that and could not do a thing but to give him emotional support. I am also happy for how things turned out because things could have been far worse but he is now happier.

Part 3b Rhetorical Analysis:

This Interview was good because it allowed my uncle to express his feelings with me. I chose to interview my uncle Jeanthony because I want to know how covid affected Restaurant owners and I wanted to know how financials he was during the pandemic.

Part 4 Notable Quote:

“A day of worry is more exhausting than a week of work”

2 thoughts on “RAB Source Entry #3 – Marc”