Between two worlds- Fanta

A time I had to live between two different worlds was when I started middle school, basically all my life I hung out with African friends and family some of us came from different countries. Then most of us grew apart everyone went different ways. So when I started middle school it was hard for me because I didn’t know anyone, and it wasn’t much africans there. This was new world for me because all my life I hung with africans so it was different for me a little.

Slowly I started making some American friends. One day we was told we have to dress traditionally for a school celebration which I wasn’t really feeling because I thought students would make fun of me. So I finally dressed up for the celebration in my African Ankara attire. When I got to school a group of black American girls were making fun of my outfit and how I looked. Which made me feel really sad because I was so used to wearing African clothes, and being very comfortable around people. Then I thought to myself like I won’t let that stop me from showing the African side of me, besides all that everyone else thought I looked beautiful.