Farhana aktar

Reading Response to Malcolm x

I have often reflected upon the new vistas that reading opened to me.i know right there in prison that reading had changed forever the course of my life.As I see it today, the ability to read awoke inside me some long dormant craving to be mentally alive.I certainly wasn’t seeking any degree, the way a college confers a status symbol upon its students.my homemade Education gave me, with every additional book that I read ,a little bit more sensitivity to the deafness,dumbness ,and blindness that was afflicting the black race in America. (Paragraph 9-10)

These Paragraph are significant ,imagine because Malcolm x prison that reading had changed forever the course of his life. In the Paragraph 10 it is Arrangements have been made for him to read anew.He is mentally alive.He has never been able to get a degree. Symbols for all his college students. This is very important for that reason alone, a book that didn’t matter to anyone changed his life.

2 thoughts on “Farhana aktar”

1. I agree Malcolm x in prison and learning how to read gave him a new out look on life. Learning to read gave him a world of knowledge and that is seen as value to any person especially to a person in prison. Malcolm X reading literature and encyclopedias was helping to his aid in his rehabilitation. He would be seen more as an asset to society. He would be looked at by society as a law abiding citizen for taking the time out to learn how to read. Reading gave him an outlet taking him away from the possible trouble he could get into while in prison.

2. Better Farhana. You gave your own explanation in your own words! Keep working on ACTIVE reading, reading closely. Read each line carefully and look up new words. AND pay attention in class: I am demonstrating active reading skills everytime we read out loud in class.