Reading Response to Malcolm X-Amadou

“Every time I catch a plane. I have with me a book that I want to read-and that’s a lot of books these days. If I weren’t out here everyday battling the white man, I could spend the rest of my life reading, just satisfying my curiosity-because you can hardly mention anything I’m not curious about. I don’t think anybody ever got more out of going to prison than I did. In fact, Prison enabled me to study far more intensively than I would have if my life had gone differently and I had attended some college.”

Whenever Malcolm X travels on a plane he carry many books with him because reading is his favorite hobby. If he didn’t feel obligated to help the black race and fend off the white racists, he would fill up his curiosity with reading books because he’s curious about so much. He feels as if no one has gotten more out of prison than himself because him learning how to read and write has giving him so much knowledge and a way to help the black race. Prison has been great for Malcolm X and gained more knowledge then he would off attending college because he wouldn’t have been able to focus as much. In college he would of been distracted by parties and some of the freedom a normal person should have, but in prison It was just his books and his brain working together for more knowledge.

2 thoughts on “Reading Response to Malcolm X-Amadou”

1. Good choice of quote. He says that if he had been privileged enough to be a real college student, he might not have benefited as much as he did from his “homemade education” in prison!

WHERE IS YOUR PICTURE Of annotated page?