Between two Worlds – Savannah Lynah

My high school life was different from middle school because there were diverse backgrounds.My friend group had a similar experience where their parents were from another country and they were born in the US. It was easy to talk to them because it was like they didn’t feel as though they were from just one place.One of my Best friends was always very outspoken it would often rub off on me. She was born here and her family is from Guyana. She would always stick up for you no matter how someone would make you feel down about saying that you don’t belong from somewhere. I will always tell my self that it’s not what others make you think it’s what you think and feel you truly are.

I think who we surround ourselves with is important to everybody. A time where I felt that I was in between two worlds is when I talk about my moms side of the family vs my dads side. My mom was born in Jamaica and my dad is from the US. People always have a thing of the labeling me as being from one place whether it be America or Jamaica. I went to a small middle school that was mostly populated with West Indian background. I also grew up with my moms side of the family. Being around Caribbeans most of the time you tend to pick up things they do and I have always gravitated to that side of my family background. It was as if I was family with the people I was at school with. 

3 thoughts on “Between two Worlds – Savannah Lynah”

1. What you experienced during high school is the similar to what I experienced. Both of my parents came from Guyana when they were young so they had to get accustomed to living in the U.S. where things were completely different. They were here long enough that they picked up on certain things which also happened to rub off on me as well. These values were the main things I focused on when going into the real world. What I have learned from them I would never change for the world.

2. Savannah: YOu haven’t developed much here. Your focus is a bit confusing. What are the TWO different worlds that you move between?

My high school life was different from middle school because there were diverse backgrounds.My friend group had a similar experience where their parents were from another country and they were born in the US. It was easy to talk to them because it was like they didn’t feel as though they were from just one place.One of my Best friends was always very outspoken it would often rub off on me. She was born here and her family is from Guyana. She would always stick up for you no matter how someone would make you feel down about saying that you don’t belong from somewhere. {Good place to CREATE A SCENE: WHO are these friends? Describe each friend in your group. Make a list and describe these friends with a sentence about each one.} I will always tell my self that it’s not what others make you think it’s what you think and feel you truly are.

ARE YOU MOVING TO A DIFFERENT ESSAY OF ANOTHER TWO WORLDS? How does your MIddle School Friend Group vs High School Friend Group above fit in to an essay about your two worlds? Are you moving to a different essay about your Maternal Family vs your Paternal Family?

3. Its crazy how I give myself the same piece of advice between how others say things about you but that doesn’t really matter what matters is yourself what you tell yourself and what u think of yourself. I believe this is the reason I , myself don’t have much confidence because I consistently listen to others. I realized this the hard way. Who I surround myself with shows and reflects a lot on yourself. Not many people understand that their behavior also reflects on the people in their environment.