Title Writing Task Resilience – Deqwan

Getting covid twice was one of the challenges I experienced throughout the pandemic. I had to isolate myself from relatives that I had to face every day, remain in my room 24 hours a day, and was always in pain due to covid. I couldn’t eat anything without getting a sore throat, so I was always afraid to eat. It also seemed like my tongue was numb, so I couldn’t feel or taste anything. The worst parts were feeling cold and having a constant pain in my stomach. When it was Summer and 90 degrees outdoors, I found it strange that I was always indoors under sheets shivering.

To cope with the discomfort and cold, I simply tried to divert my attention away from it and not worry about it too much. I did this in part by discovering new shows to watch that were always engaging. I became interested in a variety of sitcoms as well as several interesting documentaries. Unsolved Mysteries on Netflix was a documentary that caught my curiosity because it simply used interviews to retell the circumstances of unsolved mysteries. Watching documentaries has taught me that I am curious about things that are mysterious and tough to understand. So I took a job at a library for the rest of the summer in 2021 so that I could learn more about a variety of topics.

3 thoughts on “Title Writing Task Resilience – Deqwan”

1. It’s cool that you decided to get a job at the library because you wanted to learn about various things. It truly sucks that you went through that twice and I hope you don’t get sick again.

2. Being that I caught COVID for the very first time ever this past December, I felt your exact pain of symptoms as you described them right now literally the worst nightmare man.

3. Good. I like your coping strategy of watching documentaries and learning more. Great Idea! Good description, good details of your covid symptoms.