My Name Intro – Newton Whyte

My name is Newton Whyte I am the youngest of two the oldest being my sister and this is my first semester at city tech. I come from a Caribbean household with my parents coming from Guyana when they were at a young age. When they came here they had to become accustomed to how the people in New York act so that they could thrive. But, that does not mean that they forgot their roots because thanks to their family members who came to America as well they were reminded of their roots every single day. I have been lucky to be able to hear and experience a lot of their culture from back home which ranges from food and stories of what their home they were raised in before they came to America was like. An example of this is my mother telling me how she got her nickname “Tommie” because of her doing things like climbing trees and completing tasks that other girls wouldn’t dare to do.

I am very goal driven when I want to achieve my dreams.My goal is to complete my degree and get an internship working as electrician. Then, after a few years find multiple sources of income then be able to live without having to pay any bills for the rest of my life. Some of my hobbies are going to the gym and listening to music. I hope to have an interesting year in this class.

1 thought on “ My Name Intro – Newton Whyte”

1. I love seeing how your parents, along with the rest of your family, never forgot where they came from and who they are. Being born and raised here in the US, and listening to your parents stories of their childhood and youth back in their home country is a beautiful thing. It’s very inspiring because if our parents did and overcame so much, so can we. I don’t know much about being an electrician but I’ve seen my uncles all worn out after working (they’re electricians) so I know how tough it is or can be, so good luck and I hope it goes well for you.