Notes from today (3/14) and reading and blogging assignments for Tuesday 3/19

Today we discussed the research process, including how to generate a focused research question that addresses a problem or issue that needs to be solved. Slides from today are available here. On Tuesday we’ll continue our discussion of the research process, focusing on refining a topic and developing search strategies. Please read the following from the Badke textbook: Appendix 1 pp. 223-257, review chapter 3, pp. 42-48.

Tuesday’s blog post is a research journal post. Please answer the following questions in one post of at least 100 words:

You are working on choosing a topic and developing a research question for your paper. What difficulties (if any) have you encountered as you work on your research proposal?
What strategies (if any) have you used successfully during this work?
What questions (if any) do you have about the assignment?

If you emailed me your research topic proposal, I’ll give you feedback and a provisional grade by Monday. I distributed guidelines for the annotated bibliography in class; we will discuss this assignment further in the upcoming week.

Enjoy the weekend!
~Prof. Leonard

This entry was posted in assignments, blogging and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.