Wagyu Sandwich

I went to Sakamai with my friends for dinner. Sakamai is the instagram/facebook famous restaurant that serves the popular wagyu sandwich in New York. It is located in 157 Ludlow Street in Manhattan. Me and my friends shared the Miyazaki A5 Wagyu Sandwich. Our headwaiter told us that the wagyu beef sandwich was good for sharing because the wagyu beef has a lot of marbling and it was not recommended to eat the whole wagyu sandwich by yourself. The sandwich came in 12 bite pieces cut in even cubes. Sakamai used a japanese milk bread for the sandwich; the bread was buttered and toasted to trap the moist and juiciness of the beef on the sandwich. Tonkatsu sauce was spread on the on the toasted bread to give the sandwich a japanese touch on the wagyu cutlet.
It was my first time having wagyu beef. When I had my first little wagyu sandwich cube, I felt the crispness of the toasted bread when I took it with my chopsticks. I squeeze it a little bit and I saw a little amount of fat coming out. I ate the cube in one bite, it was crispy because of the toasted bread, it was chewy and easy to digest. The wagyu was melting in my mouth while I was eating it. Some steaks are extremely chewy but they are hard to break down on your mouth, but the wagyu was chewy and melting in your mouth while you were eating it.
The wagyu sandwich as was way too expensive but it was worth it.

3 thoughts on “Wagyu Sandwich

1. Michael Krondl

So here’s my question: did it taste better because it cost $85. This isn’t meant to snarky, there’s been lots of research done (mostly on wine) that if people think a wine is more expensive, they will think it tastes better.