After listening and reflecting on what I’ve gotten from the panelist there is one thing that stuck out to me the most. The one thing was when the panelist explains no matter how we feel in a certain situation you should always speak up and voice your opinion. This is something that I have been trying to work on since I was younger and my mom has been trying to help me as well. Finding out that this is something that follows you to your work place gave me a new reason to work even harder to make sure I fix this bad characteristic about myself. I’m very shy when it comes to voicing my opinion and how I feel because I’m a people pleaser to a certain extent so hearing that this is something I shouldn’t do and it already being something I’m working on is a great push of motivation.
Visit my portfolio to learn more about me, my teaching, service, and scholarship.
Visit me during office hours by linking to my zoom office on Tuesday between 11:30am and 1:00pm and Wednesday, between 2:30 and 4:00.
Logged-in faculty members can clone this course. Learn More!
- Belle, Sebastian and MeFollowing the world’s twee-est band down the Pacific Coast after a divorce and the death of a parent.Claire Dederer
- A Singaporean Chocolatier Infusing Sweets With Seaweed, Curry and Satay SpicePlus: a French hotel in Tribeca, an Italian fashion exhibition and more recommendations from T Magazine.
- For sale: A Luminous Shophouse in Penang for $645,000Malaysia’s housing market has seen a surge in transactions recently, though prices are being held in check by a glut of inventory, brokers say.Alison Gregor
- Whatever Happened to Those Self-Service Passport Kiosks at Airports?More than 80 percent of all travelers entering the U.S. are now verified by facial recognition. The loss of older, seemingly more convenient methods has many perplexed. And then there are the privacy issues.Heather Murphy
- Help! A French Car Rental Company Charged Me Fees for Speeding Tickets I Never Received!When the company said it couldn’t reveal what a driver had done wrong, he got suspicious. Was it a scam? In the end, privacy laws and bureaucracy took the blame.Seth Kugel