Living Learning Earning

Week 12

I have no idea as to how the scheduling drop entirely, because there are some days where we are understaffed to the point where they have to switch a cast member out from Adventureland to Frontierland just to compensate the lack of staff and there are days where we are a little overstaffed and that there would be a training group that would help us close the stands. Recently, there are also casts member are calling out to the point where I got force extended to help close Aloha Isle because it came to a point where the only one who was scheduled to hard close is a guy who has never worked in our location and had just probably picked up someone else’s closing shift. Thankfully the closing coordinator was a wonderful one because they also helped us close on top of their duties. Working in Sunshine Tree Terrace, where we are overloaded with guests that are mobile ordering, there is only 1 of my fellow CM that is in charge of it. I was in the register, but guests were coming up to me asking me about their mobile order situation, normally I would just point them to mobile order window however when I did, they said that they were already waiting too long. Instead of telling the guest that they need to wait, I just decided to accommodate them and give their orders and close it on the mobile system to lighten the burden of my coworker as well. I have also faced the struggle to disappoint guests denying them of having no more churros. It is kind off a disappointment for a churro cart to be running out of churros unless it is the end of the night, and it is actually time to close. I find it off that the cooker is only allowed to cook 1 full half sheet pan of churros when the demands for the churros are nonstop and that one guest has the potential of buying multiple churros which decreases the product count already. Hopefully in the future the leaders can change the minimum churros to cook to one full half sheet pan tray into two.

Me creating a perfect 7 oz portion of a Dole Whip Soft serve

A picture taken by my coordinator who placed the scale on the table and challenged us to make a perfect 7 oz soft serves and 14 oz floats. I have yet to make the 14 oz float.

1. Prof. Karen Goodlad

There is a lot of information in this post. You clearly experienced many work place challenges in one week.Staffing issues (both by management and peers), the intracacies of training (not being able to close on ones own due to lack of experience), and assessment of service standards (your 7.0 dole whip is impressive). You also experienced required shift extensions and the impact that makes on the cast members affected. I believe all of this will make you a better manager and leader.