This week was my first day off day out. I went to Blizzard Beach with two College Program friends from work and it was a day of fun in the sun. It definitely brought back memories from when I first visited in May 2021. I was also happy to be there because it contributed to me being accepted to the College Program as it was my answer when the recruiter asked if I was familiar with any Disney Parks and Resorts. I told her about my visit to Disney’s Blizzard Beach and that I loved the snow storm theme, I felt like I was in Frozen.

This week was also a week of recognitions for me. I received 2 guest recognitions and 2 recognitions from my supervisors. Guest number 1 sent a little magic for me going above and beyond to fulfill all her requests and how I handled an upset guests who was being mean because he left to go to his car and I took this guest who was in line but wrote his name down to get back to him after. Guest number 2 recognized me for my exceptional service and going above and beyond for her. This guest had an issue with the room she was staying in, the kids were sick and she was up all night due to the kid’s nonstop coughing. The guest had to book a room for the night and wanted me to get her close to the friend’s room as possible. The friend’s room wasn’t a standard room which meant the guest had to pay for an upgrade, she was tired and exhausted and didn’t have the money to pay so I spoke with our back office and got her a room next door her friend at no extra cost. She couldn’t believe it and started crying.

As a Disney cast member it’s my job to make magic. Every guest that comes up to me I go above and beyond for especially to fulfill their requests. I’m thankful for the recognitions which gives me extra motivation but it’s within to make magic for every guest. My supervisor recognitions are also great things to see, this is their first time doing a written recognition, but they motivate me daily with positive words of my performance. It’s a very positive work environment and I love being a concierge at Caribbean Beach.