Unit 5 / Chapter 15 – Blog Response

In paragraph 7 of “The Mind of a Chimpanzee”, the author claims that chimpanzees have developed complex intellectual powers because their lives are complicated and they need to think in advanced ways. What is an example of another animal that may have developed more complex thinking in response to a complex environment. Please explain after giving the example of the animal.

24 thoughts on “Unit 5 / Chapter 15 – Blog Response

1. Julianna Wu

In the article “The Mind of a Chimpanzee”, the author claims that about Chimpanzee mind is intelligent. The chimpanzee can learn human English sign languages. They are compare to other animals intellects and similar to humans. They are impress and others individuals are in controversy that about the Chimpanzee mind. The experiments of Chimpanzee mind has shows humans that the Chimpanzee can do positive things. For example, any form of art. Their mind help them to survive in nature.

1. ambar1299

In the article the author states that chimpanzees have developed complex intelectual powers because their life are complicated and they need to think in advanced ways. The author explain that chimpanzees always have to make a choice where to go or with whom to travel. They need highly developed social skill particularly males who want to become leader. I think the animals that may have develop more complex thinking in response to a complex environment are dolphins, pits ,snake , parrots, raccoons and elephant. For example : Research from the University of St. Andrews suggests that elephants can keep track of up to 30 absent members of their family by sniffing out their scent and building a mental map of where they are.

2. Julianna Wu

In my experience, the humans is trying to dominate many animals.Consideration in my experiences, I see killer wales, elephants and many more to be dominated and do tricks.Dolphins have been dominated by humans. They were taught to do tricks. Humans have tested the dolphins mind and see the dolphin achievements. The dolphins can jump into hoops or go back flip in the water in the amusement parks.

3. Herbens Bernard

In the article”The Mind of The Chimpanzee”from Goodall Jane, the author discusses the mind of chimpanzee and the live of chimpanzees in the wild. The author take as in example a remarkable success of an experiment involving a chimpanzee named Washoe , Who have learn sign language, and how to combine signs creatively in order to describe objects for which they have no sign , even though there was a lot of protest in the scientific community against this experimentation. The author also mentioned additional skills such as premathematical skills and artwork that chimpanzee has. The author also mention that chimpanzees lives in the wild are not simple, chimpanzees use and need all their mental skills during normal every day life in their complex society. I agree with the author and i also believe that there is other animals like Lion,Tiger, Jaguar that have developed complex thinking in response to a complex environment. These animals have to eat in other to eat they have to hunt by using techniques and skills that requires complicated thinking. I believe this is why the author imply that chimpanzees and other animals might possess intellectual skills similar to those of humans.

4. Talha sadiq

In the article”The Mind of Chimpanzee” the author discuss that chimpanzee has the ability to understand the human language and chimpanzee has a good memories than other animals. Chimpanzee who have taught language can combine signs creativity in order to describe objects for which they have no signs. Chimpanzee can decided where to go or whomore to travel with. I agree with the author because chimpanzee can learn human language easliy. In my experience I think parrot can also learn human language because I have parrot who can speak my language. We taught parrot to learn our language and it took one month to take parrot to learn our language. Also parrot has a good memories like chimpanzees has it

5. weichen

In the article”The Mind of Chimpanzee” the author discuss that chimpanze have speical talent and have the ablity to learn a human language. The author started by the test of chimpanze mind and the result of research made them surprised because chimpanze have excellent memoreies can recognize theire owenrs after sepatation of long time. Also author given the exaple of chimpanze have premathematical skills they can put thing into specific categories. Chimpanzee also can taught a human language combine signs creatively. I believe that one day Chimpanzee can work with human and become friends.

6. helen14

In the article ”The Mind of the Chimpanzee”the author states “the result s of the research implied that chimpanzees had the ability to learn a human language, and suggested that chimps might possess intellectual skills similar to those of humans.” The author begins by giving example of Chimpanzees premathematical skills of the differences between more and less. The author continues by claiming chimpanzees have been taught a human language can combine sign creatively in order to describe objects for which they have no sign. Also, chimpanzees need highly developed social skills especially the males who wanted to become a leader and they always have to make choices on where to go or with whom to travel. Moreover, I agree with the author and there are much animal that may have developed more complex thinking in response to a complex environment such as whale. When the male whale sings, it can he heard long distance away and they communicate all the time without using brain. I believe that as long as the animals stay with human often, they will get use to each other.

7. Jakia Sultana

In the article “The Mind of Chimpanzee,” the author discusses that chimpanzees have special ability to learn and understand human language. The author started by giving example of experimenting where a chimpanzee learned sign language, and how to combine signs creatively in order to describe objects with no sign. The author also state that chimpanzees have excellent memories. I agree with the author that chimpanzees can learn human language because it is proved by experiment. In my experience, I think lions have developed more complex thinking in response to a complex environment because lions are the king of the jungle and it is not easy to be a king. They have to think deep and find many strategy to show their power.

8. Hamza

An example of an animal that have developed due to their environment are rats and mice. They are much smaller than other animals but they are able to figure out problems by themselves for example from the smell they could tell if its edible or not and over time the same rodent trap wouldn’t work on them. they have the ability to remember a route they take once even though they have weak eyesight. Mice and rats are said to be very social creatures and can they bond quickly they get attached like humans love and care for their children.

9. christytan

In the article “The Mind of the Chimpanzee,” the author states that chimpanzees had the ability to learn a human language and might possess intellectual skills similar to those of human. I agree with the author that chimpanzees had such complex intellectual to learn American Sign Language used by many of the deaf in Canada and the United States. The author provided few examples of how chimpanzees were succeeded in understand human language. They can easily tell the difference between more and less and can put things into specific categories. I went to central park zoo in summer, they have sea lion feeding. If they did the tricks correctly, breeder will give them a treat. Such as wave, jump and spin.

10. Juan

In the article “The Mind Of The Chimpanzee” the author discusses that the chimpanzee have an special ability such as memorizing everything that they had seen and communicate with humans by gestures. The author gave us an example of a chimpanzee named Washoe that have learned how to communicate with humans and solve things by it self. Also the author states that the chimpanzee can be or is one of the most intelligent animals worldwide because everyday they use their mind to survive and protect each other. I agree with the author chimpanzee are smart enough, but they are not the only in my opinion I can the cheetah, dogs and others.

11. Juan

12. JingFeng

In the article”The Mind of Chimpanzee” the author discuss that chimpanzee have a ability which is memorizing everything that they had seen and communicate with humans by body language. I agree with the author that Chimpanzee is a intellect animals, in the article, people did a memory test to them. Chimpanzee can easily found the more and less. Chimpanzee also can taught a human language combine signs creatively. I believe scientist will discover more potential ability of Chimpanzee and work with human one day.

13. Mamun Rana

In the article “The Mind Of The Chimpanzee,” the author states that Chimpanzees have special ability to understand human gestures. I agree with the author that chimpanzees have evolved complex intellectual powers when they lives in the wild because their wild lives not so simple. The chimpanzees use their mental skills in their complex society and need highly developed social skills to become leaders. It’s realistic that some chimpanzees love to draw, and especially paint. One of my friends he has a chimpanzee which loves to paint. My friend’s chimpanzee drew lot of paints and my friends hung all the paints on the wall. Also, the chimpanzee understands some of his gestures (signs) which is helps the chimpanzee to feel better to spend time with my friend.

14. Xingcheng(Jason)

According to “The Mind of the Chimpanzee,” the author states that chimpanzees had the ability to learn a human language and might possess intellectual skills similar to those of human. The author also provide a example that a chimpanzee learn sign language, and how to combine signs creatively in order to describe objects for which they have no sign. Also the king of chimpanzee need to lead the group of chimpanzee to safe living in wild with the complex thinking. I agree with author’s idea that some animals have developed complex thinking in response to a complex environment, so chimpanzees and other animals might possess intellectual skills similar to those of humans.

15. Kevin Paguay

In the article “The mind of the chimpanzee,” Jane Goodall states that chimpanzees have the ability to understand human language and great memory than other animals. I agree with Goodall that chimpanzee have such complex intellectual power for them the live in the wild. They also use their mental skills everyday in their complex society life and the males develop a high social skills to become a leader. There are other animals like chimpanzee have developed more complex thinking in response of the complex environment. Dolphins with their abilities to communicate, express emotions, adapt, and perform altruistic acts, they have spread across every ocean and many freshwater rivers in the same way humans have populated every continent.

16. Josias Portalatin

In “man and beast” the author state that chimpanzee can learn the American Sign Language. Also, the it says that chimpanzees had the ability to learn a human language. A interesting fact, about chimpanzees is that they have excellent memories. Some chimpanzees like to draw and some of them name their artwork. An animal that can develop some kind of interaction with human are dog because human can teach a dog in many ways. I am agree that chimpanzees learn sign language, so they can communicated with some one that knows that language.

17. Nojm

In the article, “The Mind of the Chimpanzee,” the author states that chimpanzees has mind to learn how to use language. They also hide sometimes what they are thinking. They have such complex intellectual powers to evolve in the chimpanzee when their lives in the wild are so simple. They have possessed premathematical skills which means they can tell the difference between more and less. I agree with the author because they have the idea which side has more and less. I think monkeys has complex thinking like chimpanzees. To connect with myself, I have never seen or heard of chimpanzees before.

18. Mohamed

In the article “The Mind of a Chimpanzee,” the author claims that chimpanzees have developed complex intellectual powers because their lives are complicated and they need to think in advanced ways due to their complex society. The author also mentions that they have excellent memories and they also possess premathematical skills. I agree with the author that some animals have to react to their environment to be able to survive. For example, dogs have to always be smart is that they can react to the people. I’ve never had any pet or animal so I can’t relate to this, but from all the articles I’ve read I can tell that animals always react to their environment to be able to survive.

19. Mohammed Kabir

In the article “The Mind of The Chimpanzee” the author discusses that the chimpanzees have certain mental skills regarding memory, math, and non-spoken language that are similar to those of humans. I agree with the author that chimpanzees can learn human sign language easily, that can help combine signs creatively in order to describe objects for which they have no sign. In reality, there are deaf people that learn sign language and use them to communicate just like the chimpanzees. In my experience, my brother used to have a parrot that could almost mimic what we would say to the parrot.

20. Kevin

“The Mind of Chimpanzee” the author state that chimpanzee have a large skill of being able to adjust the memory with their skills of learning math and even spoken a langue. Witch is true because we see how in the internet how sciences are test the chimpanzee in several test. and were able to see how they are up to date and are able to succeed in the test that they give them.

21. NELSON ZAVALA

in the article “The Mind of Chimpanzee,” the author mentioned that Chimpanzee have been developed abilities and and intellectual powers bases in their needed its. certainly i believe that most of the animal that lives free in the jungle develop too qualities to survive it. but what its awesome from Chimpanzees its that they can resolve problem of simple math and even also understand human language. i think dog are very intelligent too because they are use it for blind people to help them when they are walking outside and now dogs are been training to help old to people to by their food in the supermarkets.

22. NELSON ZAVALA