Unit 5 / Chapter 14 – Blog Response

Considering what the author says in “Our Dogs Are Watching Us” about how dogs learn from us, what are some other things that you think dogs learn from human beings?

21 thoughts on “Unit 5 / Chapter 14 – Blog Response

1. Julianna Wu

In the article “Our Dogs Are Watching Us”, the author states the background and scientific evidence about dogs watching us. I agree with the author that dogs can read our humans faces.This is realistic to human society, the dogs can understand the human body languages. In my life, I never had a dog and never experience the dog watching me.

2. Mohammed Kabir

In the article “Our Dogs Are Watching Us,” the author discusses about the scientists conducting experiment and research to compare dogs, wolves and chimpanzees to test each others ability to communicate and their intelligence. Something that dogs learn from humans is the ability fight or protect their owner. I agree with the author that dogs observe humans body language and pick up hand gestures. In reality, as dogs evolved from wolves, dogs show they are always willing to obey someone when wolves do not. In my personal experience, I never had a dog to actually experience how they communicate but I have seen a lot of times dogs just staring or barking at me.

1. Herbens Bernard

In the article “Our Dogs Are Watching Us” from Ingram ,Jay, the author discusses researches conducted by experimenters in an attempt to identify skills that dogs have but other animals such as Chimpanzees and even wolves lack. The author begin with a study report on dogs ability to read the minds of their owners, but deeper research proved that dogs were reading humans body language. The author continues by mention that dogs were quicker than chimpanzees and wolves to figure out which container held what they were looking for in a test involved hiding food in one or two containers. Also in another experiment where dogs were better than wolves on familiarizing with humans voices and gestures. I can add to these researches from my own experience,one day i was watching a talent contest, a lady came up with a dog singing the national anthem. I believe voices and body languages are not the only things that dogs have learned from human,some dogs have learned how to play ball,how to play music,that is why i agree with the author saying that dogs have a highly evolved behavior.

3. Mamun Rana

In the article “Our Dogs Are Watching Us,” the author discusses how scientists are tests dogs, wolves, and chimpanzees by hiding food and dogs can understand human gestures more than wolves. I agree with the author that dogs are good as to understand human gestures because dogs can understand easily if you indicate your dog to do something. It’s realistic that dogs understand human body language more than any other animals because dogs are domestic animal and lives with human which helps dogs to understand more human gestures. One of my friend, he has a dog and the dog understand his body language. His dog also looks at people to get food and sometimes the dog steal peoples food.

4. Nojm

In the article, “Our Dogs Are Watching US,” the author states that dogs can understand human’s gestures and they are intelligent more than wolves and chimpanzees. The researchers claim that looking at human faces is a “genetic predisposition” in dogs and they have some special ability to understand human’s gestures. I agree with the author because lots of people have dogs and they use their organs to communicate with them. In the reality, lots of police officers use dogs to arrest guilty people because they have a sense or can smell to figure it out. It connects to my earlier life because we had a few dogs, they used to bark when they heard someone came at the gate.

5. Jakia Sultana

In the article “Our Dogs Are Watching Us,” the author discusses scientist’s experiments shows that in between Dogs, Chimpanzees, and Wolves, Dogs might have special ability to communicate with humans. I agree with the author that dogs have special ability to understand human’s motion. It is realistic that dogs live with humans which helps them observe human body language and sense human’s gesture. I think dogs are more willing to learn human’s behavior than any other animals. In my life, I never had a dog or any other animals to experience their special ability but I have seen some dogs always lesson to their owners.

6. Talha sadiq

In the article “our dogs are watching us” dogs are bigs part of human life so wolves are the same ways. There are so many similarities with both animals when they intrecting with human. Where wolves do things with their own but dogs needs sighs from human to do same things. I agree with author because dogs won’t anything unless human trained them to protect them. In my experience I think dogs can learn eaisly from human to do what human wants dogs to do for them.

7. christytan

In the article “Our Dogs Are Watching Us,” the author discusses scientist’s experimenters show that dogs have better social interaction and commutation with human than other animals. I agree with author that the single skill that dogs have but other animals lack. Scientists compared dogs, wolves, and chimpanzees. The food was hidden in one of two containers and they have to find out which one has food. The experiment shows that dogs can quickly figure out which container has food while the other two animals don’t know what to do. In my experience, my friend have a dog, whenever I go to her place and bound with her dog, her dog understood what I was telling her to do.

8. helen14

In the article “Our Dogs Are Watching Us,” the author is making a comparison with experiment between dogs, wolves, and chimpanzees. The author begins by using one of two containers with hiding food and the result is that the dog were quicker than wolves and chimps to figure out which container held what they were looking for. The author continues by stating that the dogs and wolves were equally used to human voices and gestures because the wolves were socialized to human by having them live with people 24 hours; however, the wolves are still not as good as the dogs. I agree with the author because as these dogs and wolves stayed with their owner longer, they will learn many things and get used to it. I believe that dogs can help people that is disable. I’ve read a book about a dog and his owner, the dog’s owner is blind and the dog protect him and tells him what is going on by barking.

9. weichen

In the article “Our Dogs Are Watching Us,” the author discusse scientists used the test between dogs and chimpanzees also wolves. The author start by giving the exerience about the with hiding food and who can most fasten find the food and the result is dog is more faster. In now it is more socializaiton and many people like to have dog and doestication them and become friend. I belive that dog can protect people frome the thief also we can play with dog.

10. weichen

11. NELSON ZAVALA

In the article “Our Dogs Are Watching us,” the author tell us that base in scientific research dogs have the ability to read human body language. It also mentioned that this act to see human faces is a innate predisposition inherent from they ancestors thousands of years ago. This experiment shows how each animal have different ways to have social interaction with human.
    I think dogs and humans have a especial relationship that makes us be closer one of each other. As a result of the time that we spend together dogs are likely to feel our feelings. I think they can feel when their owner it feels lonely or even happy. Also I grew up with the superstition that dogs are sensible to feel ghosts.

12. Sabina Yeasmin

In the article “Our Dogs Are Watching Us,” the author discusses abilities of dogs to read the minds of their owners. They learn many things from their owners. I am agree with the author because they able to read the human body language and they figure out what the owner try to do or say. Also, scientists says dong can figure out when the food is hiden behind their owner. It is true from my experience I can say that because when I was in my country I saw my uncle dogs how they able to read his eyes and body moment.

13. JingFeng

In the article, “Our Dogs Are Watching US,” the author states that dogs are more intelligent than wolves and chimpanzees. Dogs can understand human’s body language. The author started by doing a test of these 3 animals and prove that dogs are more outstanding. I agree with the author because many people who were disable are usually have a dog with them, because dogs are understand human and communicate to their master. In my experience, my Aunt had a dog and I used to play with her dog, The dog was also follow my direction.

14. Xingcheng(Jason)

According to “Our Dogs Are Watching US,” the author says that a scientist’s experiment to show people that dog have a skill to communicate and interact with human but other animal lack. Also dog can quickly reading human language than other animal, and quickly understand their owner’s command. I agree with author’s idea that dog have a skill to communicate and iteract with human. From my experience, when I raise my right hand then my dog will extends the hand to me because my dog know it can get the food after extends the hand to me.

15. Kevin

“Our Dogs Are Watching US” the author discusses researches conducted by experimenters in an attempt to identify skills that dogs have but other animals such as Chimpanzees and even wolves lack. For the reason to show how dog have the knowledge to understand the quickly understand command that their owner have teach them. The author mention that dogs were quicker than chimpanzees and wolves to figure out which container held what they were looking for in a test involved hiding food in one or two containers. Also in another experiment where dogs were better than wolves on familiarizing with humans voices and gestures. Even thought people believe that Chimpanzees and wolf are smarter cause they can find their own food they still lack the ability of understanding what it is to quickly understand the commands such as a dog. For example my dog are super smarts all around because they would let us know when it hungry and when it time to use the bathroom. Therefor I believe that dogs are much better then the other two dogs.

16. Josias Portalatin

In “Our Dogs Are Watching Us”, the author argue have the dogs are rase by wolves and they have a lot of differences on them. The author start metion that he believe that dogs can read people mind, but he discover that they learn human body language. In the passager say that when a dig want something they start looking to the person in the eye. Something that dogs can learn from human is how to behave in front of people. I am agree with the author when they copared the dogs, wolves, and chimpanzees becuase chimpanzees are the closer thing to human. I can relate to this article because, then I have in DR I have a dog and everytime he was hungry he start looking me in the eye with a poor face, and everytime I say come eat he always get excited.

17. Mohamed

in the article ” Our Dogs Are Watching Us,” the author states how dogs can read people’s mind refering to scientific experiments and how the dogs are always the closest animals to humans and can socialize with them. I agree with the author saying that dogs can observe human’s movement and figure out what they’re thinking of. I don’t have an excat idea what can dogs learn from us because i’ve never had a dog, so i can’t figure out what they might learn from humans.

18. Hamza

In the article “Our Dogs Are Watching Us,” the author explains how scientist’s test results shows that Dogs might have a certain skills that allow them to bond and connect with their owners. I agree with the author that dogs have special ability to understand human’s motion. It is true as dogs are domestic animals they live with humans which helps them observe human body language and learn human motions. In my opinion not only dogs but there are lots of animals that could bond with humans but they might take longer than dogs. In my life, I’ve had a dog but i was really young so i wasn’t really able to bond it always used to cry so we had to get rid of it.

19. Juan

In the article ” Our Dogs Are Watching Us,” the author states that dogs just by having eye contact with humans is a way of communication and also it talks about how the dogs are always the closest animals to humans and can socialize with them. I agree with the author that dogs can understand humans gestures and most of the time understand what they owners are thinking just by looking at them. I can relate this article to my life experience back then in Dominican Republic, I used to have one dog and my dog did understand everything that I did told him. I Agree with the authors dog can comunícate with humans and in my experience there are the best animal to have bond with

20. Kevin

In the article “OUR DOGS ARE WATCHING US” the author state how dogs and human have a special connection with one another. I say this because the author state how your dog and sense your emotions when something is going wrong or if your just plan put not feeling well that day. I agree with that statement because both of my dog when I have a bad day at school they both come to me and throw a huge party their toys so they can play, also they throw them self to the floor so I can pet them stomach.