Unit 4 / Chapter 11 – Blog Response

Considering the reading “Catching an Emotion,” do you think it is possible to “catch an emotion” or to “catch a mood” from someone or from a small group? If so, when was the last time (or just one time) you remember this happening?

23 thoughts on “Unit 4 / Chapter 11 – Blog Response

1. Jakia Sultana

In the article “Catching an Emotion,” the author discusses about how people can catch other persona’s emotions. The author said that people can pass their emotions to others. The author also state that people can observe each others facial expression to know what is the person thinking. I agree with the author that it is possible to “catch an emotion” or to “catch a mood” from someone or from a small group because I always understand my friend’s mood by reading her face expression. Last friday my cousin suddenly came to my house even though that day her plan was to go somewhere else so, I asked her why are you in my house. She told me she wanted to visit my mother. However, by her face expression I knew that she had fight with her husband.

1. Nojm

In the article, “Catching an Emotion,” the author states that how we can understand people’s mood by looking at their facial expression. The author also states that if you don’t feel alright to go to work after you wake up, then it’s better to stay home due to the illness will pass on to everyone in the office. He describes also even if you’re not in the mood, try to smile because you will have a greater chance of recovery. It connects to one of my friends. when I see him not smiling, I understand that something happened to him because he always smiles when he is okay.

1. ambar1299

In the article ”Catching an emotion” the author states that is possible to catch an emotion and mood from someone or from a small group of people. the author mention one example of passing one emotions on to others is through laughter. if one person start laughing out loud and even though we have no idea what the person is laughing about we begin to laugh as well. also the author point out that if in the work place the atmosphere is generally positive and harmonious it is more likely that the person will catch the positive mood but if the workplace atmosphere is negative it might mean that the person could caught the negative feelings of his coworkers. i agree with the author because one day i was having a bad day i was not feeling good at all at my job and my coworker notice that so they help me forget about it at the end of the day i was feeling much better.

2. Julianna Wu

In the article, “Catching an Emotion,” the author states background and the idea of emotion being express in human faces, body languages and actions. I agree with the author that people should rest if they are sick.Realistic to the world that people overwork because of their virtue even when they are sick. In my life, I had grasped the emotion of sadness on the funnel that close relatives have gone.

3. Mohammed Kabir

In the article, “Catching an Emotion”, the author discusses about passing one’s emotions on to others and concerns about passing your mood on to people around you or your co-workers. It is possible to catch an emotion or to catch a mood because you are most likely to be affected by the atmosphere from a small group or from your friends either positively or negatively. I agree with the author informing us to find a healthy and upbeat workplace where we are less likely to be affected by the atmosphere negatively. In reality and in my experience, the passing one’s mood on to other has happened to me where i’m in a vibrant mood but the people or my friends around me doesn’t feel the same or my own emotional state negatively affecting my friends around me.

4. weichen

In the article, “Catching an Emotion”, the author discusses about our emotion is conveyed to passing our emotions to other people.. The author give the example about if someone who laugh out loud even though we don’t understand we also being to laugh. Also our facial expressions our emotions if we don’t like our workplace we would frowned upon. I agree with the author our emotion is in our facial. I have an experience my friend who not smile at all he become melancholy and don’t want to talk to people.

5. helen14

In the article “Catching an Emotion,” the author discusses a person should be concerned about passing their mood to co-workers. Also, the psychologist Goleman explains that people’s brain are social tools and the human brain was designed for social interaction. The author continues by giving example of passing one’s emotions on to other through laughter. I agree with the author because if you are in a bad mood and one person started to laugh out loud, you will have no idea what is the person laughing at and begin to laugh with him/her. In my perspective, I have went through the same situation. One day I am in a very bad mood and my friend makes a funny joke and laugh out of no where. The way she made me laugh is because of her laughter and the way how she is acting crazy.

6. Hamza

In the article “Catching an Emotion” the author talks about how emotions can be passed to other people, the author also states that you may be able to tell a person’s emotion by their facial expression. I agree with the author that it is possible to “catch an emotion” from someone as hanging round with someone happy and cheerful will always keep you cheery and facial expression are easy to tell if you know the person otherwise it will be confusing as the person may have a expressionless face or a different way or expressing. For example i can always tell how my close friends are feeling as I have known them for long time .

7. Herbens Bernard

In the article “Catching Emotion,”the author discusses how people can catch emotion, from our facial expressions, humor and form our surroundings. The author begin by mention that one example of passing one’s emotions on to others is through laughter. One person starts laughing out loud , and even though we have no idea what the person is laughing at, we begin to laugh as well. Also the negative feelings of our co-workers can affect us,if it’s a negative workplace atmosphere. From my own experience i agree with the author ,i used to work at a place where my co-workers didn’t like each other. That was a negative and depressing place,which used to cause me to always feel depress. I believe this is why the author also mention that we should look for healthy workplace where we would unlikely to “catch” negative feeling from our co-workers.

8. XingchengJason

According to “ Catching an Emotion,” the author discusses people how to sense other people’s emotion. The article says that people can pass their emotion or mood to other people by facial expression and action. The author citi one example to show people how to be affect by another people’s laughter, and make them laughing too. Also people can be affect from the negative feeling of our co-worker. From my experience, my friend lost his job in first day of this year, then he always discussed with me that he needed the money to do something, and it’s really important for him. So he worried about the job and wanted a new job, and then it affect me became worried with him because I didn’t have job at that time and I need to quickly found a job.

9. Kevin Paguay

In the article “Catching an emotion”, the author explains how is best for people to pass there mood to another and to tell a persons emotion by facial expressions. Daniel Goleman, a psychologist and writer said that it can happen for a person to pass on there emotion to other because our brain was designed for social interaction. Another theory could be cells call mirror neurons, which allow both the move another person is about to make and their feelings. While another psychologist Paul Ekman believe that our facial expression not only make us how we feel, but by making one can cause us to experience a particular emotion. In my last year of high school, my friend was worried that the college he has chosen won’t accept him in. It affected me too because I thought that the college I pick won’t accept me as well.

10. Josias Portalatin

In the article “Catching an Emotion” the author state different way of catching an emotion. The author start saying why people should miss work when they are sick. The author say that drain of a human is designed for social interaction. On time I was playing basketball and the whole team was happy; when the game end we lost to the other team, so everybody of the team start getting angry. Im agree with the article that people can get different emotion or feeling from another person.

11. Jicong Ou(Justin)

In the article, “Catching an Emotion”, the author discusses about passing one’s emotions and facial expressions on to others could also expressed as a transmission among people simply by understanding what are their deep feelings and thoughts. The author begin by mention that one example of passing one’s emotions on to others is through humorous conversations that one person starts laughing out loud then the other follows. Also, human beings can easily detected simply from his emotional state when they are having a good or bad mood. Based on my work experience, I disagree the fact that people can understand one’s emotion and emotional state since most people has the ability to kept their deep feelings hidden in their social and work status.

12. Mohamed

In the article “Catching an Emotion,” the author shows how can we share emotions ,and how can the mood of a person affects the people around him/her. I agree with the author that we can share our emotions and moods. As it given in the article, “one person starts laughing out loud, and even though we have no idea what the person is laughing at, we begin to laugh as well.” , this example shows how we can affect other people’s mood.

13. Talha sadiq

In the article “Catching an Emotion” the author explains that how we can catch other emotions by the facial expression. Even though most people reveal their emotion on their faces. I agree with author because we can tell easily that this person is sad or happy by seeing their emotions by the facial expression. In my experience I think it is easier to catch an emotion than catch an mood because One of my friend he was sad but he were showing us the he is happy but we can see the fake smile on his face. We cannot catch an mood because we won’t be able to know what this person is thinking right now.

14. Mamun Rana

In the article “ Catching an Emotion” the author states that there are some possibilities to “catch an emotion” or “catch a mood” by their facial expression or feelings. I agree with the author that if one person starts laughing out loud, we begin starts laugh as well, even though we don’t know what the person is laughing at. It’s realistic that we can “catch an emotion” or “catch a mood” by their feelings and facial expression. When people starts laughing it’s much easier to catch their emotion or mood. I think it’s possible to “catch an emotion” or “catch a mood” because one of my cousin, he was soo happy because he passed his road rest. I was able to catch his mood because he was smiling and I knew it there was happened something good to him.

15. christytan

In the article, “Catching an Emotion,” the author states that we can catch other’s positive and negative emotions and moods by their facial expressions. I agree with the author passing one’s emotions on to other is through their emotions. The author states some example in the article. If one person starts laughing out loud, and even thought we have no idea what the person is laughing at, we begin to laugh as well. I volunteered in a child daycare during the summer. A kid was crying and the other the kids was playing, I told her to wash her face and then tell me what happened, after she washed her face she just stood there watching other kids playing and laughing then she joined them and laughing with then

16. christytan

In the article, “Catching an Emotion,” the author states that we can catch other’s positive and negative emotions and moods by their facial expressions. I agree with the author passing one’s emotions on to other is through their emotions. The author states some example in the article. If one person starts laughing out loud, and even thought we have no idea what the person is laughing at, we begin to laugh as well. I volunteered in a child daycare during the summer. A kid was crying and the other the kids was playing, I told her to wash her face and then tell me what happened, after she washed her face she just stood there watching other kids playing and laughing then she joined them and laughing with them.

17. Sabina Yeasmin

In the article, “Catching an Emotion”, the author discusses about passing one’s emotions on to others. People can pass the emotion by change the environment of the place where they are. For example at work if one person starts laughing out loud, and even thought we have no idea what the person is laughing at, we begin to laugh as well. I am agree with the author because I see people like that who start laughing and they don’t even know why r they laughing at.

18. Juan

In the article “Catching an Emotion,” the author discusses about how people can catch other person emotions just by looking at them. The author states that people can pass their emotions to others by gestures. The author also state that we got the ability to sense other people emotions in our genes but not all the emotions are expressed. I disagree with the author that a mood can pass to someone else , because not everyone have the same mind and the same feelings.

19. Kevin

“Catching an Emotion” the author states that we can catch other’s positive and negative emotions and moods by their facial expressions. The author also state how with just the way their acting at that moment with their gestures they can just pass on their emotions like that. Also it say who people can start laughing at randoms for no reason and some how someone less would start laughing as well. witch i can agree with because i been in some of those moments when the people around me start laugh at something that i soe and would start laugh out loud with me.

20. NELSON ZAVALA

in the article “Catching and Emotion,” the author tell us that human brain contains cells called “mirror neurons.” they allow to us to sense the move person and their feelings. I strong believe that we can feel our friends mood and that why human can express them selves with other and try to understand happiness and sadness in other. the last time that happen to me was this weekend in my job. A costumer we really bad mood made me feel angry because she complaining about something that she brooked and tried to tell us that we were the guiltiest. suddenly my mood change to be relax at be stressing.