Figure 2 shows 60% of EES Lab students are awarded scholarships or internships. On the other hand, 40% of them conduct research without any scholarship awarded because they are still not sure of continuing research or have not decided a research topic yet. In this situation, students will keep discussing with a faculty advisor for selecting research topic(s) that students might be interested in or the advisor asks these students to join a teamwork project. Usually, new students will spend one semester to find a research topic and have a training with the advisor such as how to conduct a literature review, complete the CITI training, before applying for scholarships/internships.
Energy and Environmental Simulation (EES) Laboratory was established in fall 2011. Each semester EES Lab accepts several new students who are interested in Energy and Environmental Research. Figure 1 shows total numbers of lab students in each academic year (2011 to 2016) ranging from 11 to 21. Except the first year (2011), more than half of EESL students awarded either research scholarships or internships from CUNY or other sources.
For 5 years, the cumulative total number of students participated is 73, including 44 scholarship/internship awarded students.
Figure 1: Number of students participated in EES Lab and awarded scholarships/internships
Energy and Environmental Simulation Laboratory – EES Lab has been selected as a partner of CUNY Service Corps Service Corps. EES Lab will accept maximum 6 students from CUNY colleges in 2016-17. Total $20K will be paid for the selected students who engage EES Lab’s faculty-led service project as an internship. Currently, we have 109 applicants for 6 research assistant positions. Thank you for applying and see you in the matching fair.