English Composition II

Day One

After reading the article and watching the video I was able to acknowledge how many people stand up to their name in which they identify themselves with. My name is Kobe, I’m Hispanic, in fact I’m Mexican and I’m actually bilingual. My first language is English, and my second language is Spanish. Being bilingual makes me who I am today because it’s part of my culture and it helped evolved as a person. There are many things that are helpful throughout the world and would help make you who you are today for example, I play sports, and, in some way, it helped make me who I am today because it helped improve the way I look at things, improved the mentality, and determination.

1. Rouba Ali Al Saeedi

I can relate to being bilingual, I speak Arabic and English. It’s really nice to speak two languages, being connected to and understanding two different worlds. I also agree that language is an important part of the culture.

2. Salomee Khawja

I totally agree with you on how being bilingual helps you improve and evolve as a person. I speak English, Persian, and Spanish. I feel that it helps us build a bond with different backgrounds as well as our own.

3. Zafir Ishak

I also agree that being bilingual can be extremely helpful because it allows you to communicate in a different way which brings in a different type of feel.