English Composition II

AY W8

Day 1:

I have been living in Brooklyn all my life but sometimes I would go to the city with my parents. During the times I went to Manhattan when I was younger I would see the things around me. It was amazing. The scenery of gigantic skyscrapers, the streets were relatively clean, there were different people of all kinds and there weren’t that many homeless people. Compared to Brooklyn and specifically, the area where I live is pretty quiet, lacks crime, and is small. But as the year goes by to the new year New York has been degrading there seems to be more crime, more homeless people, everything is pricey, garbage political leaders, so much trash, and rent is super high to the point where during the 2021 election there was a political party called “The Rent Is Too Damn High”. Even my own neighborhood has gotten worse with crimes. the only crimes that I saw before we car crashes and occasional robbings, but now it has turned into robberies every other week, and even hate crimes have been increasing lately.

New York is truly amazing but these problems are truly destroying New York to the point where people are leaving in masses. Over 300,000 people have left New York since the last census. We as New Yorkers and others must solve this problem so that we can make New York good again. If we do not try and keep letting it get worse then it will be worse for our future generation and they do the same thing that we did until New York turn into a dump.

1. Prof. Edelson

I look forward to reading your work. Your reflection on your childhood visiting the city is moving and persuasive and I hope you find a way to incorporate it into one of your projects.
    Sincerely,
    Prof. Edelson