English Composition II

Week 3 Hw day one

Scene:

There are many different community’s that many induvial come from. We all seem to learn from them and develop with it as well. So, in my community we seem to play with different words. In other words, we seem to have different terms for words. For example, the word Aguas. In my community they use the word Aguas in many ways, but they phrase the word as “watch out”. But in reality, the word Aguas actually means water.

So, this one day on a Saturday morning around ten something my parents had bought some bread and decided to prepare some hot chocolate for me and my siblings. So, my siblings and I decided to contribute and help set things up. In which case I decided to serve and pour the hot chocolate in the cups. But as I began to walk to my kitchen, all I heard was one of my parents’ shout out Aguas esta caliente. In which case they wanted to let me know oh watch out its hot.

1. Rouba

I can relate to the part where you have different terms for words. In my language, more specifically my dialect, there is a phrase that means I’m coming, but one of the words when being said alone means going away.

2. ayah

Yes, this is very common in many languages and I can say the same for mine. It’s crazy how one definition can be different when it’s a phrase compared to a single word.