In addition to my Colombian culture, I relate to the author since another community that I was part of when I lived in my native country was a very low-income family so we always had that similarity in terms of ‘i am alright. Low-income people or families keep in a constant struggle to survive due to the financial difficulty that exists. There is always this farce that we show other people that we are fine, but deep down there are many problems that overwhelm us, that are slowly destroying us.

One of the peculiarities was to leave my country to live in a completely unknown one with my family to get ahead and get out of that difficulty. Living day to day looking for things to do to get out of that dark hole that tormented us was something difficult and more in an unknown place and culture since we spent hard days and nights in which even food was very limited. Little by little we were adapting and relating more with people, my parents finding job opportunities and so little by little we were building a stable life out of so much need that we came to have in a moment.