I’ve been in a few communities during my lifetime, but the most recent community I’m in is the fitness community. I’ve been into working out for years now, but have been seriously dedicated for the last two years. I started during the beginning of quarantine since I had more than enough time to do something productive and beneficial. I started searching up workout and advice videos on youtube. I didn’t really understand the abbreviations fitness influencers would casually say and their language. It took me a while to do so. For example, fitness influencers use the terms “pre-workout meal” and  “post-workout meal” to highlight specifically if they’re eating before or after a workout. When I finally understood the definition, I started getting confused on which one stood for before or after. After a while into my fitness journey I finally recognized the difference. I also struggled learning abbreviations that defined  terms of specific exercises. For example, rather than saying “I’m going to use the Bench Press” we normally would say “BP” for short. Rather than saying “I’m going to do a deadlift or a back squat” we normally would use the abbreviations “DL” and “BS”. There are many other abbreviations people in the fitness community utilize and understand, but if you’re a beginner you will definitely struggle to understand. During the beginning of my journey I had no clue what any of those abbreviations meant and some people may feel excluded within the community because of that, but I personally never felt a way. I’ve been mostly on my own whenever going to the gym so if I don’t understand something in specific that just stays between me, myself and I. I prefer to just learn and grow on my own rather than asking others questions.Â