CUNY Cultural Corp extended its application deadline June 3rd. This program is excellent for COMD students as you can earn $15 dollars an hour doing design work at various arts organizations in NYC. You do need to make a 1 year commitment for Fall 2022 and Spring of 2023 so you need to be able to do that. See details about the program at the link provided below. These spots can be used as an internship for credit if you are enrolled in COMD 4900 in either Fall 2022 or Spring 2023. Application and more information, see the following link: https://www.cuny.edu/academics/current-initiatives/cultural-corps/
City Techʼs Oﬀice of Student Life and Development is seeking a Graphic Design Intern for the Fall 2022 semester. Candidates should be detail-oriented, self-starters that are able to take on several design tasks at any given time, sometimes under tight deadlines.
The Oﬀice of Student Life and Development supports the mission of New York City College of Technology through the intentional design and implementation of developmental activities, experiences, and services that foster a supportive, challenging, and nurturing environment. Student Life provides opportunities for City Tech students to engage in purposeful and transformative learning to prepare them to be active learners, successful graduates, and engaged global citizens.
- COMD Student
- Proficient knowledge of Adobe Software: In-Design, Photoshop, Illustrator
- Knowledge of Premiere Pro and After Eﬀects is a plus
- Photography and video skills are a plus
- Experience and knowledge in preparing files for print is a plus
- Candidates must have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines and on several projects simultaneously.
- Strong team player with good communication skills and the ability to work in a collaborative environment.
- Candidates MUST have a portfolio showcasing their work and design.
- Be able to work in person or hybrid.
You will be under the supervision of the Social Media Coordinator & Graphic Designer.
Please email your resume, cover letter, and portfolio to Giovanna Qu firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “SLD Graphic Intern FA22 + Your First Name & Last Name” in the subject line of your email message.
Deadline to apply: July 30, 2022. Applications submitted past the deadline may or may not be considered. This is an unpaid position.
Interviews will be conducted remotely.
The Futures Initiative advocates greater equity and innovation in higher education at every level of the university. Housed at the CUNY Graduate Center and reaching throughout the CUNY community, the Futures Initiative empowers the next generation of intellectual leaders with bold, public, and engaged teaching and learning.We are seeking a Freelance Graphic Designer to work on a new layout for our website and annual report this summer. This exciting opportunity is open to any CUNY student or instructor, including adjuncts. Compensation is $5,000. The application deadline is May 31, 2022.The application and more details can be found here: https://futuresinitiative.org/blog/2022/05/12/call-for-freelance-graphics-designer/
COMD students, if you’d like to network and meet SVA students and see their work and connect with industry professionals consider attending this event this Friday. Register at:
Attendance is open to all and you can register at: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/school-of-visual-arts-industry-day-22-registration-322794586297
Below is a Full Time Spot at Stoke Agency for a Recent Alum or a Graduating Senior with Significant Internship/Freelance Experience
Stoke is an award-winning digital creative agency.
Our clients are primarily B2B brands such as Adobe and Microsoft. We are fully remote but applicants are required to be in US time zones. An ideal candidate would have strong and well-rounded design skills especially in areas of typography and layout, UX, social media, and brand identity. Experience designing for motion and video is also helpful (but not necessary).
- Lead design projects in a client-facing role including presenting work
- Direct and collaborate with designers
- Collaborate with copywriters, strategists and project managers in executing work to be delivered on time, on target, and with meticulous attention to detail
- BFA degree with Graphic Design emphasis or equivalent in visual communications
- At least 3 years of digital and print design or advertising experience including some experience as a Senior Designer or Art Director
- Experience working with enterprise-level brands is a plus
- Knowledge of Adobe software and best practices in design production
- A strong and diverse portfolio
- Experience in client-facing roles
Pay: $75-115K plus benefits and bonuses depending on experience
Join us in building
a community of
Dear COMD 4900 Fall 2022 students,
Brooklyn College is seeking at least 2 Interns to assist in web, video and design projects at Brooklyn College’s Office of Institutional Effectiveness. You would need to send your resume, portfolio, and cover letter to Isana Leshchinskaya. Her email is Isana.Leshchinskaya@brooklyn.cuny.edu.
Even if you don’t decide the spot is for you, it is good interviewing practice and you might find the spot more to your liking than you think.
The students who did internships there in the past had very positive experiences. See two internship blogs of students who worked there and read the entries that focus on these students’ experiences working at Brooklyn College:
Two of our Spring 2021 Interns stayed on during the summer and learned a great deal. Brooklyn College internships offer our students a valuable learning experience.
Any questions, email me. Regards, T. Goetz
Dear COMD students,
CUNY Career Launch is a new paid summer internship program for July and August. This program prioritizes those who haven’t had a paid internship yet. Apply today as the pre-application is due Friday, 4/29 More information is here: [https://www.cuny.edu/current-students/student-affairs/student-services/career-success-initiatives/hirecuny/](https://www.cuny.edu/current-students/student-affairs/student-services/career-success-initiatives/hirecuny/) The application can be found here: https://cunysud.formstack.com/forms/career_launch_student_pre_application
I already know that Brooklyn College’s office of Institutional Effectiveness is looking to fill 2-3 interns for graphic design and video for July-August via this program. But there may be other design spots. These CUNY Launch internshp spots CANNOT be used for credit for COMD 4900 because of the timing as students must be taking the class while they are working at the internship. But these paid internships are excellent for your resume and may help you land a stronger internship when you do take COMD 4900. Or, this is ideal for a student who has just taken COMD 4900 and would now like another paid internship before your final semester in the Fall.
The Faculty Commons is located right here at City Tech and you will gain the opportunity to work on print and interactive projects working for faculty clients.
HOW TO APPLY:
Complete the application form at the following link:
Submit with your cover letter, resume, portfolio, and recommendations from two Professors to: Professor Mary Ann Biehl at email@example.com For more information about this spot, please see the PDF below:
Also, you can see the internship blogs of two past Faculty Commons interns to see what these interns were doing this past year:
Please see the description below of this position. This is a paid spot and could be used as an internship spot, especially if you have just internship to take in Fall or Summer. Mr. Nelson is an alum of our COMD program here at City Tech so do feel comfortable reaching out to him with questions. .
The Office of Communications at Guttman Community College is looking for a College Assistant who will work closely with the Communications and College Relations Manager to manage the College’s social media platforms and perform miscellaneous clerical and administrative work related to the operation of the Communications office.
- Overseeing all social media accounts – Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, as well as publishing dashboards (Hootsuite)
- Creating content that attracts the attention of the target audience.
- Scheduling social media posts as per the plan.
- Monitoring and responding to comments and direct messages in a timely manner.
- Managing social media engagement during events, such as Facebook Live and other live posts.
- Under supervision, basic editing of web pages
- Entering and maintaining events in the College’s online calendar
- Scheduling meetings and appointments for the Communications team
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong functional knowledge of social media platforms, principles, practices, and the desire to apply that knowledge in a professional environment.
- Ability to work well and quickly under pressure both individually and as a part of a team.
- Excellent project management skills to consistently meet deadlines.
How to Apply:
If you are interested, please submit your:
2. Cover Letter
Design and Communications Coordinator
Guttman Community College
50 West 40th St
New York, NY 10018
There is a need for a Design Intern in City Tech’s Office of Public Affairs/ Professional Development Office (PDC). This will involve both remote and on-site work. The spot is not paid but you will have the benefit of flexible hours as they will work with your schedule and you will also learn about all the career workshops, etc. very quickly and be involved in promoting them to fellow students.
- Well versed in most Adobe programs including Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, and Acrobat
- Must have an understanding of typography, layout, and general design principles
- Some knowledge in Microsoft Office products Power Point, Word, and Outlook
- Excellent communications and organization skills
- Create graphic design solutions to communicate college and department brand
- Utilize Adobe software to create, design, and modify projects
- Create digital and print posters, fliers, and brochures for college events
- Communicate and present design ideas to the Professional Development Center team
- Photograph at events/ workshops
If you are interested in this post, please email a cover letter, a resume and a portfolio link to Tanika Taylor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is a very good spot for those of you interested in Graphic Design and also if you have video editing skills. Apply ASAP.