Please see the description below of this position. This is a paid spot and could be used as an internship spot, especially if you have just internship to take in Fall or Summer. Mr. Nelson is an alum of our COMD program here at City Tech so do feel comfortable reaching out to him with questions. .
The Office of Communications at Guttman Community College is looking for a College Assistant who will work closely with the Communications and College Relations Manager to manage the College’s social media platforms and perform miscellaneous clerical and administrative work related to the operation of the Communications office.
- Overseeing all social media accounts – Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, as well as publishing dashboards (Hootsuite)
- Creating content that attracts the attention of the target audience.
- Scheduling social media posts as per the plan.
- Monitoring and responding to comments and direct messages in a timely manner.
- Managing social media engagement during events, such as Facebook Live and other live posts.
- Under supervision, basic editing of web pages
- Entering and maintaining events in the College’s online calendar
- Scheduling meetings and appointments for the Communications team
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong functional knowledge of social media platforms, principles, practices, and the desire to apply that knowledge in a professional environment.
- Ability to work well and quickly under pressure both individually and as a part of a team.
- Excellent project management skills to consistently meet deadlines.
How to Apply:
If you are interested, please submit your:
2. Cover Letter
To my email: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at email@example.com
Design and Communications Coordinator
Guttman Community College
50 West 40th St
New York, NY 10018
There is a need for a Design Intern in City Tech’s Office of Public Affairs/ Professional Development Office (PDC). This will involve both remote and on-site work. The spot is not paid but you will have the benefit of flexible hours as they will work with your schedule and you will also learn about all the career workshops, etc. very quickly and be involved in promoting them to fellow students.
- Well versed in most Adobe programs including Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, and Acrobat
- Must have an understanding of typography, layout, and general design principles
- Some knowledge in Microsoft Office products Power Point, Word, and Outlook
- Excellent communications and organization skills
- Create graphic design solutions to communicate college and department brand
- Utilize Adobe software to create, design, and modify projects
- Create digital and print posters, fliers, and brochures for college events
- Communicate and present design ideas to the Professional Development Center team
- Photograph at events/ workshops
If you are interested in this post, please email a cover letter, a resume and a portfolio link to Tanika Taylor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is a very good spot for those of you interested in Graphic Design and also if you have video editing skills. Apply ASAP.
Job Description is Below for Calling All Graphics:
Design printed material, such as flyers, menus, menu boards, signage, logos, etc as requested by clients to meet their marketing needs. Knowledge and experience using Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop. Familiar with Social Media software (possibly Canva) and be able to post onto Social Media to engage more clients and offer more services. Also, Knowledge of After Effects is a plus. You will be working on interactive menu boards.
Take a look at some of the work that was done at this internship last semester at this link:
Lots of menus so if you love the food industry, this could be of great interest to you.
Resume and Portfolio should be sent to:
President, Calling All Graphics, Inc.
Vice President, Narrows Community Theater
This is a small business so you will work directly under Marla’s supervision. She has worked with many COMD interns in past semesters.
The Office of Communications and Marketing at Brooklyn College has an unpaid internship opportunity available for Fall. The intern’s responsibilities would include:
- Researching, designing, and producing graphics for digital media projects including email headers, website and social media posts, and other marketing and promotional projects.
- Inputting and updating schedules, deadlines, and assignments into Basecamp, our project management software.
- Other various tasks as assigned.
The student would need to be fully equipped to work remotely, have full access to and expertise in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Acrobat, and Photoshop, and a working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Zoom software. There will also be some hours required on campus. The schedule is flexible as long as the student is available during normal business hours. we will provide training in the Basecamp software.
You should send an email (which would act as your cover letter) with resume and portfolio link to:
Ms. Panazzolo is an adjunct lecturer here at City Tech but works for Brooklyn College’s Office of Communication and Marketing
Remember if you want this spot, you should definitely visit the link to Brooklyn College’s Office of Communication and Marketing and look at their Brand Guidelines, the Brooklyn College Magazine, etc. so when you write your email you show that you’ve done your homework before applying.
Good luck with applying for this spot!
Below is the job posting:
We are looking for immediate hires to support our team (Unity Developers, 3D modelers and animators, etc.) and interns to build our next group of talent.
Please contact Mr. De Perio ASAP
:Joseph A. DE PERIO
CEO and Chairman of the Board
I Got It Holdings Corporation
(917) 539-5027 (mobile)
(917) 539-5027 (mobile)
Here is a deck about the company for you to review to learn more about it.
Hello COMD students,
RippleMatch is a relatively new site that advertises itself as not a job board but a site that allows a job seeker to “tell us who you are and what you’re looking for – we’ll find opportunities you’ll love. Stop searching job boards and start getting interviews.”
It is worth trying it out. There is a City Tech intern from the CIS department interning at Ripple Match this semester and I received an email about the company from him. His LinkedIn page is: https://www.linkedin.com/in/ryan00/ if you’d like to learn more about the company, you can connect with him via LinkedIn and send him a question.
A wonderful learning opportunity working with marketing and branded environments in a national company that focuses on creative collaboration with global Designers, Architects, Builders, and more!
This is a Part-time, unpaid Marketing/Creative Department internship opportunity with possibility for hire to the right candidate. Will start as a Hybrid position – looking to meet minimum once a week in-person when needed, otherwise remote (subject to change).
Based on each candidate’s skills, duties may include:
- Administrative assistance to Marketing Department
- Marketing Calendar management
- WordPress data entry and minor updates (will train)
- Email marketing
- Social Media graphics
- Print and digital Spec sheet, brochure and asset updates/creation based on established brand guidelines
- Photoshop product installation photos
- Monthly Digital Marketing Report stats collection and production
- PowerPoint presentation updates
The ideal candidate is:
- Responsible, organized, and has excellent time management and communication skills
- Detail-oriented with their creative work and able to take direction
- Adobe Creative Suite (photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign), MS Outlook, Google Drive, and Dropbox knowledge is a must
- PowerPoint, WordPress, email marketing building and management skills a plus (will train)
- Advanced Photoshop or video editing skills for social media are a plus
Please contact Ms. Bianca Sanchez below to send your cover letter, resume and portfolio. Your cover letter can be part of your initial email to Ms. Sanchez.
The spot was just posted on Handshake and it is in NYC. See the link for more about this spot and how to apply by clicking here.
For those of you who like data and advertising, this might be a very interesting opportunity for you. It is a new initiative through the Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB). Please see the website Apprenticeships work . They already have an interesting spot advertising under we’re hiring. For a student who is graduating or will graduate shortly, this is a great opportunity. See the job description at: https://www.apprentices.work/iab-job-listing-data-analyst-media-two