Inspiration: Philip Lorca-Dicorcia

The photograph of Roy who is in his 20’s is an interesting pic. The composition looks pretty symmetrical although the stand with the lamp on top at the right side of the bed breaks the symmetry. The subjects gesture is showing a sign of being laid back, wondering what is going on with the world kind of feeling. It kind of reminds me of those scenes in the movies when the character is puzzled by his own problems. Judging by the lighting I think there are three light sources. The lamp is one, the light illuminating the left side of the bed could be artificial light or it could be a full moon shining through the window. You never know. I feel like there is a bit of diffused lighting in this scene for some reason. The lighting seems to be very soft.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized on by .

About Justin Jackson

I have always been inspired by art from when I was a little kid to now. It really catches my attention. I seen art in many types of forms: cooking, music, graffiti, dancing, painting, and etc. There are unlimited possibilities of how art is expressed. It even sets a mood in motion for people to understand one another. That is why I want to be an artist. An artist’s salary is around $44,000 a year which is not bad since it is a field you would love to pursue in. You get to work in big open spaces like warehouses, studios in office buildings, and lofts. Most of the time artists work part-time which is kind of convenient for me because I have a job that is not related to this field but it could work well with my schedule.