- Date: Thursday, February 17th
- Meeting Info: IN PERSON CLASS P125
To-Do Before Class
- Bring in progress Homework 2 for critique.
- READ chapters 3 & 4 of Understanding Comics
The Comic Strip: Multi-Panel Storytelling
TODAYS LECTURE & ASSIGNMENT :
- To understand the concept of mutli-panel storytelling.
- To consider the concepts of time and action in sequential art.
- To consider the ways words and images interact in comics.
- To familiarize studnets with a cureent working professional comicbook artist.
- To practice ink techniquyes and consider applications of the medium.
CRITIQUE: Assignment 2 – Comic Strip
- Story Structure
- Reading Order
DISCUSSION: Chapters 3 & 4 of Understanding Comics
BOOK REVIEWS: Discuss format: comicsworthreading.com
INKING DEMO & LECTURE
DRAWING ACTIVITY: INKING WARM-UPS
Meet the PROS: Guest Artist, Kenny Wong
Review Assignments and Expectations for Next Week’s Class
Due Next Week
- Assignment 2: The Comic Strip Finished Art
- Sketchbook Week 3
- Reading Week 3 : Chapter 5 Understanding Comics
Leave a Reply